Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

For people who have leased the Rav4, are you able to track the delivery progress with the app at all? I was told it was not possible on lease orders so only option is to contact the leasing company or dealer 😌

1 hour ago, jazzyb88 said:

For people who have leased the Rav4, are you able to track the delivery progress with the app at all? I was told it was not possible on lease orders so only option is to contact the leasing company or dealer 😌

You have to go via the dealer, it's just part of the lease process.

22 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

You have to go via the dealer, it's just part of the lease process.

Thought so, thanks.

My car is still at Portbury, not moved since last Friday. I called dealer and he says the car will be with  them at end of March or beginning of April. It took just over one month from Japan to UK and it takes same amount of time from Portbury to dealer, superb !

15 minutes ago, atartan said:

My car is still at Portbury, not moved since last Friday. I called dealer and he says the car will be with  them at end of March or beginning of April. It took just over one month from Japan to UK and it takes same amount of time from Portbury to dealer, superb !

I hope mine is at Portbury, I was told the end of March by my dealer but his expectation was it would be sooner.

It looks like it's been taking a couple of weeks recently for cars to get to the dealers, I will check back with the dealer in a couple of days to see if they have any info and give it time for the 22 plate rush to sort it self out.

Is your My T showing it is at Portbury?

Hi Firecycld, I bought it from John Roe in S$%&^(*)Ihorpe.

Excellent service - they made buying it a pleasure.

I see the software doesn't like the town name! Just to clarify, not their Grimsby or Hull dealership 😁

GDB

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

I hope mine is at Portbury, I was told the end of March by my dealer but his expectation was it would be sooner.

It looks like it's been taking a couple of weeks recently for cars to get to the dealers, I will check back with the dealer in a couple of days to see if they have any info and give it time for the 22 plate rush to sort it self out.

Is your My T showing it is at Portbury?

Yes, It is still in Portbury according to MyT

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, 1928KH said:

I see the software doesn't like the town name! Just to clarify, not their Grimsby or Hull dealership 😁

GDB

Thanks, it's good to hear of some good dealer experiences!

Just another point with our RAV4 Design MY22, the hybrid Battery is lithium, not Nimh.

GDB

29 minutes ago, 1928KH said:

Just another point with our RAV4 Design MY22, the hybrid battery is lithium, not Nimh.

GDB

If you download the MY2022 broacher it just says NMH Battery no mention of lithium but there are some anomalies depending were you get the info from.

Snap11.thumb.jpg.497a171b6d474c059504b3c0fc72c8c3.jpg

Snap12.thumb.jpg.0c74252cded02d8ec8b6b9d31029e39a.jpg

2 hours ago, atartan said:

From own experience and what I've read from others, it is usually 1-2 weeks at Portbury awaiting a space on a transporter to Derby (Burnaston Factory) then 2-3 weeks from Derby to dealer. Some of the "factory fitted" extras are done at Burnaston so if you have ordered any, that can make it at the longer end. I believe they do a lot of the PDI stuff at Burnaston too but at least that can give a quicker turn around once it arrives at the dealer.

1 hour ago, 1928KH said:

GDB

Snap I collected mine from them yesterday, as you say great service 

1 minute ago, nlee said:

From own experience and what I've read from others, it is usually 1-2 weeks at Portbury awaiting a space on a transporter to Derby (Burnaston Factory) then 2-3 weeks from Derby to dealer. Some of the "factory fitted" extras are done at Burnaston so if you have ordered any, that can make it at the longer end. I believe they do a lot of the PDI stuff at Burnaston too but at least that can give a quicker turn around once it arrives at the dealer.

Do they use car transporters to move cars from Portbury to Burnaston?

I say this because they use Rail to move exported cars to the continent and there seems to be a rail link from very close to Portbury which passes very near Burnaston. 

Hi Roger, yes the brochure etc. suggest a Nimh Battery, but I was reading the Instruction Manual yesterday and in the specification section there's mention of Lithium batteries on some models. AXAH for Nihm and AXAL for Lithium

So this morning I looked at the vehicle plate and it's AXAL. What I don't know is if this is a general change of spec for MY22.

Having said that the Nihm batteries are 6.5Ah and 244.8V (1591Wh) whereas the Lithium batteries are 4.3Ah and 259V (1113Wh), so less capacity, but I suspect that the lithium batteries can deliver far higher amperages.

GDB

19 minutes ago, 1928KH said:

Hi Roger, yes the brochure etc. suggest a Nimh battery, but I was reading the Instruction Manual yesterday and in the specification section there's mention of Lithium batteries on some models. AXAH for Nihm and AXAL for Lithium

So this morning I looked at the vehicle plate and it's AXAL. What I don't know is if this is a general change of spec for MY22.

Having said that the Nihm batteries are 6.5Ah and 244.8V (1591Wh) whereas the Lithium batteries are 4.3Ah and 259V (1113Wh), so less capacity, but I suspect that the lithium batteries can deliver far higher amperages.

GDB

II would go with Lithium if that what the identification plate says, there are pro's an con's for both, heat being the main issue with Lithium but as long as they are cooled they should be fine.

Remember the car cargo carrier that caught fire a couple of weeks ago, and it was thought to have started on the car decks, well it is no more.

https://news.sky.com/story/cargo-ship-carrying-thousands-of-luxury-cars-sinks-after-catching-fire-12555247

New Excel AWD delivered at 12:30 today. We placed the order in in early September and the car arrived at the dealership early Feb. We delayed delivery for the 22 plate. Got caught out with the list price rise as we omitted the sunroof to duck under £40k but now list price is over £42k (with PVM & JBL). We had the dual Dashcam fitted whilst it was at the dealership which cost £350 if anyone is thinking of adding and delivery via lorry was £265.20

20220302_122955.jpg

20220302_123010.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Roger_N said:

Do they use car transporters to move cars from Portbury to Burnaston?

I say this because they use Rail to move exported cars to the continent and there seems to be a rail link from very close to Portbury which passes very near Burnaston. 

I'm all honesty I don't know. I did see on another forum when I was researching mine that people were taking photos of what they thought were their cars heading up the M5 on transporters (taking tracking to the extreme!) But they may use both.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, atartan said:

Just contacted my dealer and they tell me the new date is 12th April, so no wiser as to were it is at Portbury or on a different ship.

4 hours ago, Roger_N said:

II would go with Lithium if that what the identification plate says, there are pro's an con's for both, heat being the main issue with Lithium but as long as they are cooled they should be fine.

Remember the car cargo carrier that caught fire a couple of weeks ago, and it was thought to have started on the car decks, well it is no more.

https://news.sky.com/story/cargo-ship-carrying-thousands-of-luxury-cars-sinks-after-catching-fire-12555247

Glug glug gurgle gurgle

7 hours ago, Roger_N said:

Just contacted my dealer and they tell me the new date is 12th April, so no wiser as to were it is at Portbury or on a different ship.

I don't think dealers have much information about delivery dates. He kept calling me every two weeks and every time he said a different delivery date. He said early January.. mid February, March, end of June ... etc.

10 hours ago, atartan said:

I don't think dealers have much information about delivery dates. He kept calling me every two weeks and every time he said a different delivery date. He said early January.. mid February, March, end of June ... etc.

Yes dealers are only able to pass on the information given and as you know mine is bought under a pseudo lease agreement I have no other way to get information and the reason I keep a close eye on you order as it was within 3 days of mine. At least your dealer calls you The only information I get is after chasing them, anyway the info is reasonably similar to yours.

• Thanks 1

My RAV4 Excel 2wd HEV that I ordered from Arnold Clark mid-September 2021 was delivered last Friday. This is 21MY on a 22 plate. I am happy with what I got. Came on Proxy tyres. If anyone can find out the exact build date from the VIN, please let me know, just curious. So far I did these:

• changed the pollen filter (looks like original is made out of the kitchen paper towel) to the activated carbon one (HENGST E4959LC)
  • installed tailored 3rd party boot liner
  • installed rear Dashcam (DDPai mini): routed cable via the left rubber grommet on the rear door and between the plastic trim and rubber seal all the way to the power socket in the boot.

In the next few days need to install DDPai Z40 (hardwired) to the front, wash and protect the paintwork: Snow Foam wash, iron fallout removal, seal it with Collinite 845. Then monthly wash with Bilt Hamber Touchless and finished by Touch-on (treats glass as well)

Also need to buy and install mud flaps, as I do a lot of country lanes driving and passenger side get dirty very quickly.

IMG_1078.thumb.jpg.af98ebaeeae09b505d13102df01a5779.jpg

• Like 2

If anyone can find out the exact build date from the VIN, please let me know, just curious. So far I did these:

Shouldn't the date of build be on the main Identification plate usually on the body work were the door shuts?

I checked all the stickers I can find and none of them have the clear date, there is probably a way to decipher it, but I did not find one. Also, put tyre pressure to 36 psi, as I find 33psi is too soft.

1 hour ago, Rav4ster said:

My RAV4 Excel 2wd HEV that I ordered from Arnold Clark mid-September 2021 was delivered last Friday. This is 21MY on a 22 plate. I am happy with what I got. Came on Proxy tyres. If anyone can find out the exact build date from the VIN, please let me know, just curious. So far I did these:

Andy

Was this a lease car?