Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

On 4/14/2022 at 4:01 PM, Jeffrey Loh said:

I've ordered Rav4 Excel decuma grey with beige interior, premium pack & JBL sound systems on 12/11/2021. 

Still waiting for factory production from Japan. ETD Aug 2022. Anyone has similar specs and has received the RAV4  MY22 car?

I ordered the exact same car but with grey interior and a pan roof on 16/11/2021 and have been told mid august. My original date was end of March but this was changed in January. I’ve wanted a rav4 for years so excited!

I was informed by my dealer that Big Toyota had stated that January orders would be built in September weyhey

17 hours ago, Jeffrey Loh said:

@Disco Pants

That's very nice! I keep checking MyT and still showing as processing order. 

Not sure why taking such a long time for a new car with the extras.

There was another factory shut down just after mine was made, so that have effected yours.

I’ve just been into my local Toyota dealership to see if there is any news on my order. I know that I didn’t order it until February but to be told November if I’m lucky is a bit disappointing. Will probably cancel if I’m honest. Maybe going to look at a Hyundai Ionic 5 full EV. 

Mash781 

I thought of going for grey interior too but decided to get the beige interior.  My original date too end of March 2022 but now August 2022. My T is still showing processing order even though the order was placed on the 12/11/2021.

In fact I can get Tuscan Ultimate in January 2022 but decided to go for Rav 4. Now not sure whether worth the wait!

6 hours ago, Disco Pants said:

There was another factory shut down just after mine was made, so that have effected yours.

@Disco Pants thanks for the update! My dealership told me the car might come earlier as some cars have arrived earlier than the ETA! I'm not confident at all as My T still showing processing order 😆

Just reading about how frustrating it is to have to wait so long for a new Rav4. I read recently that Rolls Royce can tailor make a new car and deliver it quicker than it is to get a Rav4. So I looked at Rolls Royce and guess what, they don't offer a hybrid, let alone a plug in and their fuel consumption is abysmal. I have to say also given the prices Rolls Royce are charging it's no wonder they haven't got a Toyota like waiting list. I think personally if it's what you really want then wait for a Rav4, taking second best will always haunt you, especially if you fall for the RR option which will remind at every trip to the petrol station how bad decision it was.

12 hours ago, Jeffrey Loh said:

Mash781 

I thought of going for grey interior too but decided to get the beige interior.  My original date too end of March 2022 but now August 2022. My T is still showing processing order even though the order was placed on the 12/11/2021.

In fact I can get Tuscan Ultimate in January 2022 but decided to go for Rav 4. Now not sure whether worth the wait!

I know it is a long wait and I’ve looked at alternatives but just can’t find anything as good with the low apr. I’ve wanted one for so long a few more months won’t hurt. My Toyota app isn’t showing my order, il have to keep checking in with you to see the progress on yours as we could be on the same boat 🙂

2 hours ago, Mash781 said:

I know it is a long wait and I’ve looked at alternatives but just can’t find anything as good with the low apr. I’ve wanted one for so long a few more months won’t hurt. My Toyota app isn’t showing my order, il have to keep checking in with you to see the progress on yours as we could be on the same boat 🙂

@Mash781 Try to contact your Toyota dealership and arrange for them to add your email address/ order onto the MyT app or call Toyota UK customer care and provide your order # and the dealership #, and you will be able to check the My T app regularly. I am more than happy for you to keep checking with me about my order because we've ordered the same specs on RAV4. 

I am based in London and ordered RAV 4 from Letchworth Toyota  dealership.

21 hours ago, Disco Pants said:

@Disco Pants thanks for the update! My dealership told me the car might come earlier as some cars have arrived earlier than the ETA! I'm not confident at all as My T still showing processing order 😆

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Loh said:

@Mash781 Try to contact your Toyota dealership and arrange for them to add your email address/ order onto the MyT app or call Toyota UK customer care and provide your order # and the dealership #, and you will be able to check the My T app regularly. I am more than happy for you to keep checking with me about my order because we've ordered the same specs on RAV4. 

I am based in London and ordered RAV 4 from Letchworth Toyota  dealership.

Stop it, that’s where I’ve ordered from!! I’m near Hertford and having been using the letchworth branch for 11 years now. Thanks 😊 

23 hours ago, Mash781 said:

Stop it, that’s where I’ve ordered from!! I’m near Hertford and having been using the letchworth branch for 11 years now. Thanks 😊 

hopefully we will see our RAV 4 sooner at the Letchworth center!

2022 RAV PHEV arrived today. Very nice indeed, woeful resolution on the infotainment though, but the drive makes up for it  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bcc212 said:

2022 RAV PHEV arrived today. Very nice indeed, woeful resolution on the infotainment though, but the drive makes up for it  

When did you order, and also which colour did you go for?

I have the Design model in Decuma Grey. 

I think l ordered around 12th ish of December. It was due for arrival to the dealer on the 27th. So around 2 weeks early if you include the quoted 7 days for the PDI. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 11:23 AM, Jeffrey Loh said:

hopefully we will see our RAV 4 sooner at the Letchworth center!

@Mash781Latest update from Toyota Letchworth. ETA RAV 4 September 2022. Delayed further!

19 hours ago, Jeffrey Loh said:

@Mash781Latest update from Toyota Letchworth. ETA RAV 4 September 2022. Delayed further!

Oh no! I haven’t heard anything yet which is annoying, if I hear I will let you know!

1 hour ago, Mash781 said:

Oh no! I haven’t heard anything yet which is annoying, if I hear I will let you know!

@Mash781 - I was told due to shortage of microchips. You will need to drop the dealership an email and get an up to date ETA.

2 hours ago, Jeffrey Loh said:

@Mash781 - I was told due to shortage of microchips. You will need to drop the dealership an email and get an up to date ETA.

I will get on to them thanks. On the off chance has your status on MyT changed yet? Mine still hasn’t linked 🙄

3 hours ago, Mash781 said:

I will get on to them thanks. On the off chance has your status on MyT changed yet? Mine still hasn’t linked 🙄

@ Mash781 still showing as order placed. Try to speak to Toyota UK customer services and get them to sort it out for you. You will need your order ID that begins with KMXXXX and the delivery address (SE Letchworth) 306983 

Picked up my Adventure today. Ordered in early January, so it seems quicker delivery than I had any right to expect, but does seem to almost exactly match the "19 weeks" it estimated online at the time of purchase, so worth having a look at that if you are planning an order. 

The car looks great and drives really well, but I need to get used to the size and read the manual.

I also need to have a think about waxing or whatever paint protection I should get, as I wasn't offered it as an option by the online dealer.

• Like 4

My black edition has an estimated date of the 19th after ordering in sept did anyone else get told they had to get drive away insurance to take it from the dealer when it arrives?

32 minutes ago, Canningz said:

My black edition has an estimated date of the 19th after ordering in sept did anyone else get told they had to get drive away insurance to take it from the dealer when it arrives?

The dealer arranged that and said it was something they did for all new cars but I got my own insurance to cover me anyway.

22 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

The dealer arranged that and said it was something they did for all new cars but I got my own insurance to cover me anyway.

Thanks I’ll make sure to make them do it for us then, the guy at the dealership made it sound like I had to wait a few days for the car to be on the insurers systems to be able to insure normally

2 minutes ago, Canningz said:

Thanks I’ll make sure to make them do it for us then, the guy at the dealership made it sound like I had to wait a few days for the car to be on the insurers systems to be able to insure normally

Yes, you get 3 days "drive away" insurance free with the new car if you apply, though there is an excess if you claim on it. I think the idea is that it is sometimes hard to get other insurance ready for the pick up day if it hasn't yet been registered (as some insurers will want the reg). Also, it means Toyota Insurance get to provide a (comedy high) quote for the rest of the year. I took it and it was good, and they included the Mrs on there. Make sure the dealer has actually activiated it after approval though, and get them to print out the certificate for you. Others on this forum have reported that they only found later that the dealer hadn't done that and they had driven home uncovered.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cmap said:

Yes, you get 3 days "drive away" insurance free with the new car if you apply, though there is an excess if you claim on it. I think the idea is that it is sometimes hard to get other insurance ready for the pick up day if it hasn't yet been registered (as some insurers will want the reg). Also, it means Toyota Insurance get to provide a (comedy high) quote for the rest of the year. I took it and it was good, and they included the Mrs on there. Make sure the dealer has actually activiated it after approval though, and get them to print out the certificate for you. Others on this forum have reported that they only found later that the dealer hadn't done that and they had driven home uncovered.

They are all shiisters aren’t they, it’s only from reading on here about how a lot of people bartered a couple of grand off their car where muggins here is at full list price! And when I questions last week they said with the OTR price now being 39k instead of the 36k we’re paying there isn’t anything they can do but they will look at a full tank of petrol lol! I think I’ll still just try sign up for a regular insurance while at the dealership it doesn’t take that long