Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

7 hours ago, roadster-rav said:

Not just extended delivery times but completely unpredictable ones. I would happily have ordered a new Toyota eight months ahead if the dealers could guarantee the delivery date but they have no power to do this, and even a company as massive as Toyota couldn't guarantee their sources for electronic components. I only wandered in to the Hyundai showroom to find out if their situation was the same and I was more than a little surprised that they could offer me a car from the showroom floor. Their deliveries are now just as unpredictable as Toyota's.

I am enjoying the Hyundai and the chance to drive a plug-in hybrid within my budget, but its probably true to say I would have enjoyed driving a new RAV4 even more.

I had a similar experience but with Toyota. I was in the showroom to speak to After-sales about my RAV 4.4 and got talking to sales about the recent price drop on the PHEV (sorry Ernie). 

Long story short they had a PHEV Dynamic in stock and dropped the price to Design as I really didn't want to pay extra. Stonking p/ex for the 4.4 levered out of them and I drove away with a new 4.5 Dynamic PHEV less than a week later.

Was in the showroom to look at the bz4x today (must rate as the worst moniker ever - answers on a postcard please!) and the odd looking unpainted panels don't look as bad in the flesh. Indeed that style seems to be spreading across their range. Normalcy beckons.

55 minutes ago, Lawnmowerman said:

I had a similar experience but with Toyota. I was in the showroom to speak to After-sales about my RAV 4.4 and got talking to sales about the recent price drop on the PHEV (sorry Ernie). 

Long story short they had a PHEV Dynamic in stock and dropped the price to Design as I really didn't want to pay extra. Stonking p/ex for the 4.4 levered out of them and I drove away with a new 4.5 Dynamic PHEV less than a week later.

Was in the showroom to look at the bz4x today (must rate as the worst moniker ever - answers on a postcard please!) and the odd looking unpainted panels don't look as bad in the flesh. Indeed that style seems to be spreading across their range. Normalcy beckons.

😭😭😭😭😭

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

Was in the showroom to look at the bz4x today (must rate as the worst moniker ever - answers on a postcard please!)

I know BZ stands for Beyond Zero (Toyota's new strap line) but not sure about the 4X.

On 6/20/2022 at 7:14 PM, nlee said:

I know BZ stands for Beyond Zero (Toyota's new strap line) but not sure about the 4X.

Taken from Wikipedia:

"According to Toyota, the meaning of the "bZ4X" nameplate breaks down into two meanings: "bZ", representing the nature of a battery-electric vehicle by going "beyond Zero" emissions; and "4X" describing it as a compact crossover SUV, where its numerical digit is sourced from the equivalent-sized Rav4."'

Compact' presumably for the US market.

Back to the topic subject ....

Just had update from my lease company and my order is still estimated for my RAV4 HEV Excel 2WD to arrive at dealership mid Sept. Order was placed early Jan. 🤞🏻 This doesn’t change. 

1 hour ago, Liv said:

Just had update from my lease company and my order is still estimated for my RAV4 HEV Excel 2WD to arrive at dealership mid Sept. Order was placed early Jan. 🤞🏻 This doesn’t change. 

Presumably, the car will at least be in build by now if it is to be ready for delivery by mid-September.  As it is a lease vehicle, I take it that you don't have access to the order details via MyT to confirm this?

My PHEV was also estimated for a September delivery but it is still showing as 'Processing Order', so I doubt that that is now a realistic proposition.  I am going to be passing my dealer's showroom tomorrow, so I plan to drop in and see if they have any update.  

I ordered mine end of January yet they are saying November.. seems like they are pulling dates out of a hat to be honest 

13 hours ago, Pashley said:

I ordered mine end of January yet they are saying November.. seems like they are pulling dates out of a hat to be honest 

I shake my head in amazement that despite all the news coverage and comments in this thread there is still such a lack of understanding of worldwide supply chain problems. Let me mention a couple that might have passed some readers by: Covid resurgence in China, war in Ukraine. I could add more but is there any point? 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

I shake my head in amazement that despite all the news coverage and comments in this thread there is still such a lack of understanding of worldwide supply chain problems. Let me mention a couple that might have passed some readers by: Covid resurgence in China, war in Ukraine. I could add more but is there any point? 

Still a world wide shortage on semiconductors and the fact that Russia are now restricting key rare earth elements that are used in semiconductor/battery manufacture is only going to make it worse. As you say lots of things going on and with sadly the potential to get worse if Russia continues to reduce the amount of gas that the EU are receiving.
If I had a car on order I’d obviously be very frustrated with the situation but I’d hang on to that order because the possible alternatives could be much worse unless you are lucky enough to find a stocked alternative that would be acceptable.

• Like 2

I was fortunate when I got mine, only a 6 weeks wait but the OH is playing the waiting game for a Yaris at the moment, and despite understanding the reasons, I'd still be pulling out the little hair I have left if it was me.

The real issue with all the uncertainty on delivery times will be timing new orders to coincide with the end of lease and PCP terms, with the potential for excess mileage charges and having to find capital for large final payments. To a degree, the long delivery times aren't so much of a problem but the uncertainty and delivery dates being constantly pushed out is. It not just about being impatient, it can be a difficult situation to deal with.

4 minutes ago, nlee said:

I was fortunate when I got mine, only a 6 weeks wait but the OH is playing the waiting game for a Yaris at the moment, and despite understanding the reasons, I'd still be pulling out the little hair I have left if it was me.

The real issue with all the uncertainty on delivery times will be timing new orders to coincide with the end of lease and PCP terms, with the potential for excess mileage charges and having to find capital for large final payments. To a degree, the long delivery times aren't so much of a problem but the uncertainty and delivery dates being constantly pushed out is. It not just about being impatient, it can be a difficult situation to deal with.

Great way of explaining it, no need for “flatcoat” to be so patronising, 

On 6/15/2022 at 6:37 AM, Pashley said:

I’m probably going to too, it’s due in a couple of weeks but now they are saying a 4 month delay! Ridiculous!! I was originally quoted 6 months when I ordered end of January.

I waited 9 months and yes it’s hard, but certainly worth it 😊

• Like 1

Lease and car finance companies are well aware of the problems with delays to new cars. If that is the problem have you spoken to the finance company? You may well find them sympathetic and have a proposal, or is it assumptions on your part? We had a car on PCP (we sold it privately as we were not replacing it) and were offered an extension without asking ‘in case our replacement is delayed’, quote-unquote. Sorry if you don’t like the message but don’t shoot the messenger. 

Well, as I suspected, my local dealers have now said the "almost certain" delivery in July, has now moved to September.

I don't mind the wait, but I do get frustrated at the flannel from the sales team when it was obvious the car was never going to arrive in July. I'll just have to wait for good news from the MyT app.

Picked up my Dynamic FWD with JBL & PVM this morning. Has been available for a week or so, but have been out of the country. Ordered 04/11/21.

Poured on way home, so can say the wipers work well.

Rav4 mine edited.jpg

• Like 2

Just had my delivery date confirmed for 18th July (PHEV Design) which is the exact date they told me when I ordered last October. Its via the NHS lease scheme. Been a hell of a wait but beyond excited now!

I ordered a PHEV Design spec 17th Jan this year, and at the time the dealer gave late July as delivery. I mailed him a week or two ago and he still says 27th July. So in that case it must already be on the way from Japan. After reading some of your posts I admit to being rather sceptical! - but fingers crossed.

It's an NFU deal, so I think is classed as fleet.

9 minutes ago, Ex RO said:

It's an NFU deal, so I think is classed as fleet.

So it will be classed as a lease deal, so there is no other way to check it out for sure but if you can find someone who ordered their within a few weeks of yours  it may give you an idea of a likely delivery time as they will get the My-T info.

If you start reading this thread from around page 9 you can also play the game of tracking possible ship carrying your car.

Ordered my RAV4 PHEV dynamic premium mid January and picked it up last week from dealers.

Thanks Bill, well that's encouraging. Hope you like it! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger_N said:

So it will be classed as a lease deal, so there is no other way to check it out for sure but if you can find someone who ordered their within a few weeks of yours  it may give you an idea of a likely delivery time as they will get the My-T info.

If you start reading this thread from around page 9 you can also play the game of tracking possible ship carrying your car.

Cheers, that will while away the hours!

MyT app has linked and now showing as build in progress! Very excited, I’ve scrolled back through this thread and can’t see anything about how long it takes to deliver once built, anyone know? Thanks 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mash781 said:

MyT app has linked and now showing as build in progress! Very excited, I’ve scrolled back through this thread and can’t see anything about how long it takes to deliver once built, anyone know? Thanks 

It should be about 12 weeks from 'build in progress' to 'on your drive' - maybe a little more; maybe a little less. (Build itself only takes about 2 days!)

4 minutes ago, philip42h said:

It should be about 12 weeks from 'build in progress' to 'on your drive' - maybe a little more; maybe a little less. (Build itself only takes about 2 days!)

Fantastic thank you 🙂