Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Rav4 Estimated Delivery Time


atartan
 Share

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

I hope mine is at Portbury, I was told the end of March by my dealer but his expectation was it would be sooner.

It looks like it's been taking a couple of weeks recently for cars to get to the dealers, I will check back with the dealer in a couple of days to see if they have any info and give it time for the 22 plate rush to sort it self out.

Is your My T showing it is at Portbury?

Yes, It is still in Portbury according to MyT

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


23 minutes ago, 1928KH said:

Hi Firecycld, I bought it from John Roe in S$%&^(*)Ihorpe.

Excellent service - they made buying it a pleasure.

I see the software doesn't like the town name! Just to clarify, not their Grimsby or Hull dealership 😁

GDB

Thanks, it's good to hear of some good dealer experiences!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, 1928KH said:

Just another point with our RAV4 Design MY22, the hybrid battery is lithium, not Nimh.

GDB

If you download the MY2022 broacher it just says NMH Battery no mention of lithium but there are some anomalies depending were you get the info from.

 

Snap11.thumb.jpg.497a171b6d474c059504b3c0fc72c8c3.jpg

 

Snap12.thumb.jpg.0c74252cded02d8ec8b6b9d31029e39a.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, atartan said:

My car is still at Portbury, not moved since last Friday. I called dealer and he says the car will be with  them at end of March or beginning of April. It took just over one month from Japan to UK and it takes same amount of time from Portbury to dealer, superb !

From own experience and what I've read from others, it is usually 1-2 weeks at Portbury awaiting a space on a transporter to Derby (Burnaston Factory) then 2-3 weeks from Derby to dealer. Some of the "factory fitted" extras are done at Burnaston so if you have ordered any, that can make it at the longer end. I believe they do a lot of the PDI stuff at Burnaston too but at least that can give a quicker turn around once it arrives at the dealer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 1928KH said:

Hi Firecycld, I bought it from John Roe in S$%&^(*)Ihorpe.

Excellent service - they made buying it a pleasure.

I see the software doesn't like the town name! Just to clarify, not their Grimsby or Hull dealership 😁

GDB

 

 

Snap I collected mine from them yesterday, as you say great service 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nlee said:

From own experience and what I've read from others, it is usually 1-2 weeks at Portbury awaiting a space on a transporter to Derby (Burnaston Factory) then 2-3 weeks from Derby to dealer. Some of the "factory fitted" extras are done at Burnaston so if you have ordered any, that can make it at the longer end. I believe they do a lot of the PDI stuff at Burnaston too but at least that can give a quicker turn around once it arrives at the dealer.

Do they use car transporters to move cars from Portbury to Burnaston?

I say this because they use Rail to move exported cars to the continent and there seems to be a rail link from very close to Portbury which passes very near Burnaston. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Roger, yes the brochure etc. suggest a Nimh Battery, but I was reading the Instruction Manual yesterday and in the specification section there's mention of Lithium batteries on some models. AXAH for Nihm and AXAL for Lithium

So this morning I looked at the vehicle plate and it's AXAL. What I don't know is if this is a general change of spec for MY22.

Having said that the Nihm batteries are 6.5Ah and 244.8V (1591Wh) whereas the Lithium batteries are 4.3Ah and 259V (1113Wh), so less capacity, but I suspect that the lithium batteries can deliver far higher amperages.

GDB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, 1928KH said:

Hi Roger, yes the brochure etc. suggest a Nimh battery, but I was reading the Instruction Manual yesterday and in the specification section there's mention of Lithium batteries on some models. AXAH for Nihm and AXAL for Lithium

So this morning I looked at the vehicle plate and it's AXAL. What I don't know is if this is a general change of spec for MY22.

Having said that the Nihm batteries are 6.5Ah and 244.8V (1591Wh) whereas the Lithium batteries are 4.3Ah and 259V (1113Wh), so less capacity, but I suspect that the lithium batteries can deliver far higher amperages.

GDB

II would go with Lithium if that what the identification plate says, there are pro's an con's for both, heat being the main issue with Lithium but as long as they are cooled they should be fine.

Remember the car cargo carrier that caught fire a couple of weeks ago, and it was thought to have started on the car decks, well it is no more.

https://news.sky.com/story/cargo-ship-carrying-thousands-of-luxury-cars-sinks-after-catching-fire-12555247

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New Excel AWD delivered at 12:30 today. We placed the order in in early September and the car arrived at the dealership early Feb. We delayed delivery for the 22 plate. Got caught out with the list price rise as we omitted the sunroof to duck under £40k but now list price is over £42k (with PVM & JBL). We had the dual Dashcam fitted whilst it was at the dealership which cost £350 if anyone is thinking of adding and delivery via lorry was £265.20

20220302_122955.jpg

20220302_123010.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Roger_N said:

Do they use car transporters to move cars from Portbury to Burnaston?

I say this because they use Rail to move exported cars to the continent and there seems to be a rail link from very close to Portbury which passes very near Burnaston. 

I'm all honesty I don't know. I did see on another forum when I was researching mine that people were taking photos of what they thought were their cars heading up the M5 on transporters (taking tracking to the extreme!) But they may use both.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, atartan said:

My car is still at Portbury, not moved since last Friday. I called dealer and he says the car will be with  them at end of March or beginning of April. It took just over one month from Japan to UK and it takes same amount of time from Portbury to dealer, superb !

Just contacted my dealer and they tell me the new date is 12th April, so no wiser as to were it is at Portbury or on a different ship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Roger_N said:

II would go with Lithium if that what the identification plate says, there are pro's an con's for both, heat being the main issue with Lithium but as long as they are cooled they should be fine.

Remember the car cargo carrier that caught fire a couple of weeks ago, and it was thought to have started on the car decks, well it is no more.

https://news.sky.com/story/cargo-ship-carrying-thousands-of-luxury-cars-sinks-after-catching-fire-12555247

Glug glug gurgle gurgle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Roger_N said:

Just contacted my dealer and they tell me the new date is 12th April, so no wiser as to were it is at Portbury or on a different ship.

 I don't think dealers have much information about delivery dates. He kept calling me every two weeks and every time he said a different delivery date. He said early January.. mid February, March, end of June ... etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, atartan said:

 I don't think dealers have much information about delivery dates. He kept calling me every two weeks and every time he said a different delivery date. He said early January.. mid February, March, end of June ... etc.

Yes dealers are only able to pass on the information given and as you know mine is bought under a pseudo lease agreement I have no other way to get information and the reason I keep a close eye on you order as it was within 3 days of mine. At least your dealer calls you The only information I get is after chasing them, anyway the info is reasonably similar to yours.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Rav4 Excel 2wd HEV that I ordered from Arnold Clark mid-September 2021 was delivered last Friday. This is 21MY on a 22 plate. I am happy with what I got. Came on Proxy tyres. If anyone can find out the exact build date from the VIN, please let me know, just curious. So far I did these:

  • changed the pollen filter (looks like original is made out of the kitchen paper towel) to the activated carbon one (HENGST E4959LC)
  • installed tailored 3rd party boot liner
  • installed rear Dashcam (DDPai mini): routed cable via the left rubber grommet on the rear door and between the plastic trim and rubber seal all the way to the power socket in the boot.

In the next few days need to install DDPai Z40 (hardwired) to the front, wash and protect the paintwork: Snow Foam wash, iron fallout removal, seal it with Collinite 845. Then monthly wash with Bilt Hamber Touchless and finished by Touch-on (treats glass as well)

Also need to buy and install mud flaps, as I do a lot of country lanes driving and passenger side get dirty very quickly.

IMG_1078.thumb.jpg.af98ebaeeae09b505d13102df01a5779.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If anyone can find out the exact build date from the VIN, please let me know, just curious. So far I did these:

Shouldn't the date of build be on the main Identification plate usually on the body work were the door shuts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I checked all the stickers I can find and none of them have the clear date, there is probably a way to decipher it, but I did not find one. Also, put tyre pressure to 36 psi, as I find 33psi is too soft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rav4ster said:

My RAV4 Excel 2wd HEV that I ordered from Arnold Clark mid-September 2021 was delivered last Friday. This is 21MY on a 22 plate. I am happy with what I got. Came on Proxy tyres. If anyone can find out the exact build date from the VIN, please let me know, just curious. So far I did these:

Andy

Was this a lease car?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes it was. As a result, MyT was not activated by the dealer, but it is very easy to add a car using VIN number and then activate it following steps from MyT. Took me about 20 minutes.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rav4ster said:

If anyone can find out the exact build date from the VIN

There are lots of VIN decoders you could try on the web but I don't know if these can tell you a specific date. I believe the 10th character is the manufacturing year, M=2021 N=2022. Characters 12-17 are the sequence number (presumably 000001 is the first one off the line for the year) but it would be tricky to get a definitive build date from this. The character in between, i.e. 11, is the plant identifier so not really any help for the date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Roger_N said:

If anyone can find out the exact build date

The exact date of manufacture is given on the Certificate of Conformity - though you may not have that for a lease car?

The VIN gives a model year, plant of assembly and a serial number, but you would need other information from the factory to get an actual build date from that ... 😉

(and, I've got a 2020MY car, manufactured in July 2020, and the 10th character of the VIN is 0 (zero))

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, philip42h said:

(and, I've got a 2020MY car, manufactured in July 2020, and the 10th character of the VIN is 0 (zero))

Sorry if I gave duff info. I should have checked mine first. That is also zero and mine was 2021. If it's any excuse, i couldn't remember the year code and got it from here. https://www.edmunds.com/how-to/how-to-quickly-decode-your-vin.html

Clearly they've got it wrong. Maybe a US site but I thought VINs were international.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good shout philip42, I will check the certificate later. And as you, my car VIN number 10th character is 0 as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share





×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership