Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

24 minutes ago, Firecycle said:

Update from myself. I have just spoken to the dealer and as I have ordered mine with a Pan Roof it is indeed looking like July, he also said that all UK RAV4 orders have been pushed back a month. If I was to order today with no options you are looking at August and again with Pan Roof it would be December 22. He also said that Toyotas delivery system was undergoing a refresh and that all dealers are contacted on a monthly basis with updated delivery schedules for all models but it does not have specific customer cars on that.

So looks like I will have to wait longer than I was led to believe when I placed my order and paid my deposit.

On that basis my car could sell at a premium over list! Bodes well for retaining its value in its first year too. 

28 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

On that basis my car could sell at a premium over list! Bodes well for retaining its value in its first year too. 

That's what I am thinking when mine eventually arrives although I have no intention of selling it after such a long wait

Just a thought, I wonder what the Suzuki Across delivery times are? Come from same factory. 

Is the Across PHEV only, if so it's probably similar to the RAV4 PHEV?

Yes it is PHEV only. May depend on contract conditions with Toyota. Bear in mind the Suzuki went on sale quite a while before the RAV version….. 

The Across is the PHEV and still only has the 3.3kw charger I think.

I hadn't thought about the Across. Interestingly, if that came out earlier, that isn't on the EVHS eligible list for a charger grant yet either. Although, it's much less a case for a wall charger on a 3.3kw convertor. You're right Ernie, I've just checked the spec and it is only 3.3kw. It seems odd to cut that corner on essentially the same build.

They need to have some reason to make the Toyota more attractive! Given the price of the Across and high PCP interest rates I will be surprised if anyone is buying one at the moment UNLESS of course they are readily available. 

On 11/30/2021 at 4:04 PM, Roger_N said:

I’m in a similar situation, ordered a RAV 4 Excel on the 18th October expected date for delivery was April 2022 but I have nothing showing in the My T app.

Chased my dealer again today but they say they cannot do anything until they get the VIN number.

If anyone can find from their dealer how they get the info needed so quickly please let me know.

Thanks

Contact Toyota uk via web form

they’ll sort it for you in a day or 2

3 hours ago, Woofwoof said:

Contact Toyota uk via web form

they’ll sort it for you in a day or 2

Hi

I did a follow up post to say why this had happen and I also so got an email from the sales manger of the dealer showing Toyota's reply, saying this was correct for this type of sale.

I got a call yesterday from my dealer with the following news. The current build run of the RAV is coming to an end (RX7). The next production run will be the new version of RAV 4 (RX8). Apparently all orders that are designated ‘fleet’ orders which includes Motability orders that have not been given a build date will have to be reordered!! I am a bit miffed now ho hum

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Iain_M said:

I got a call yesterday from my dealer with the following news. The current build run of the RAV is coming to an end (RX7). The next production run will be the new version of RAV 4 (RX8). Apparently all orders that are designated ‘fleet’ orders which includes Motability orders that have not been given a build date will have to be reordered!! I am a bit miffed now ho hum

That's a bit disconcerting as mines classed as a fleet order.

Did you have a deposit on your order? 

31 minutes ago, Iain_M said:

Out of curiosity, are you talking PHEV or HEV here?

It can only be the HEV, there are no (known) changes to the PHEV for 2022. 

Yep, it’s a HEV and no deposit paid yet. Under Motability I have to pay an advance payment (AP) on the day of delivery. Unfortunately, since the order is going to have to be renewed, the AP will change and will be for more cash no doubt! Very disappointed.

• Like 1

What on  earth is going on with Toyota, ordering and deliveries seem to be in a right mess!!

3 hours ago, Iain_M said:

Sorry for my ignorance but does RX stand for anything or is it just a random reference that Toyota created

1 hour ago, Firecycle said:

What on  earth is going on with Toyota, ordering and deliveries seem to be in a right mess!!

You should look at other manufacturers, Volvo were even worse earlier this year. Deleting items without reducing the price, Ford and BMW similar in some markets too. Hyundai deleted some options and Peugeot had to revert to anologue instruments having just introduced digital instrument screens. 

Just shows the frailty of certain supply chains, lessons will no doubt be learned by all manufacturers

I think the RX is just a designation for the current status of the model. I never thought to ask the salesperson to be fair.

They also told me that there were about 500 ‘fleet’ ravs ordered in Scotland that have basically been rejected! Currently the RAV4 has disappeared off the Motability website and my fingers are crossed it will reappear in early January when I will have to reorder one.

My gut feeling is it will be August before one is delivered to me ho hum. 

16 minutes ago, Firecycle said:

Just shows the frailty of certain supply chains, lessons will no doubt be learned by all manufacturers

They were all too negative about the impact of Covid and cancelled component orders. Then surprised when their suppliers find other customers and markets. 

• Like 1

Again those bleeping bitcoin miners causing problems!! :laugh: 

53 minutes ago, Iain_M said:

I think the RX is just a designation for the current status of the model. I never thought to ask the salesperson to be fair.

They also told me that there were about 500 ‘fleet’ ravs ordered in Scotland that have basically been rejected! Currently the RAV4 has disappeared off the Motability website and my fingers are crossed it will reappear in early January when I will have to reorder one.

My gut feeling is it will be August before one is delivered to me ho hum. 

Playing devil’s advocate you could say, why you would sell 100’s for cars at discounts or for lease when you have a ready market willing to pay RRP for your product.

Fleet discounts adversely affect residuals. Agree with Roger. Many car hire companies are short of cars because their model of 3-6monthly fleet renewal cannot be supplied at the moment. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links