Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Third brake light wiring - 2014 Yaris hybrid

Th3C10wn

Hi,

I've just discovered the third brake light on my 2014 Yaris hybrid has died 😔, as a quick fix I have some red led strips that should be easy to get in the plastic Shell and provide exactly the light required (and give me a bit of time to cry about the 95 quid a new light is gonna cost).

The bit that I'm worried about is the connector for the light, it has a white wire with a black stripe and a blue wire.... Reading up on toyota wiring I'm betting blue is my positive but was wondering if anyone can confirm this before I do some damage as I've read that the wiring in Toyotas can be a bit all over the place at times.

20211130_135158.jpg

Use a meter, white/black is ground, you can pull the lights apart, but typically they do not fail all at once, i would check the voltage to the plug with the brake light on, then check the resistance of the ground between the plug and the tailgate ground (by the wiper motor) then the blue between the plug and the tailgate harness plug behind the rear 1/4 and/or c pillar trim

Cheers for the fast reply. I did think it was odd for the whole strip to go at once but I'm not very clued up these. The person who pointed it out did mention it was flickering first before going out completely so maybe an electrical issue somewhere that may require getting it into the shop 😕 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links