Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question regarding fuel consumption Yaris 2012

amron

Hi, I would like to ask for your opinion regarding the fuel consumption of my 2012 model NSP130L. as you can see, it shows on the display an average consumption of 7.3 lit/100km. it seems a little low to me, taking into consideration that the vehicle traveled only 56k km so far and I can humbly state that my driving habits aren't "wild".  

IMG_20211130_145157[1].jpg

The consumption equates to 38.6mpg (UK).

You don't say whether your Yaris is petrol, diesel or hybrid, what type of driving environment you're using the car for (city, motorways, etc), what period of time is the average taken over, and presumably you're using the figures from the car. Calculating the consumption using a brim to brim method may provide more accurate figures.

You're completely right. I didn't mentioned the type of fuel because I took it for granted that it's petrol since I wasn't aware that on 2012 there were hybrid or diesel vehicles.

As per your second remark - mostly motorways (flat terrain). the data is indeed from the car and it's from the time it was new.

I'll check the brim to brim method suggested by you and see if the results will differ.

Late 2011 on the yaris become a hybrid, the yaris has had a diesel from 1999 to 2016 ish and a 1.3/1.33 from 1999 to 2018 ish later upgraded to a 1.5 (non hybrid) and not forgetting the 1.0

the mk3 had 2 facelifts, first one in 2014 and the second in 2018

NSP130 - is a Mk3 yaris with a 1.3 (1NRFE)

these are either Jap built or French built - depending on your location, it could be an asia built car (Thailand) these cars are based around the Vios and are a very different car to the european yaris usually petrol only 1.3 or 1.5 engines

Presume the OP is in Israel

I was averaging 45-50mpg (5.6-6.3L/100km) per tank with the same engine in my Mk2, but with a mix of slow city, medium-speed A-roads and fast motorway, and that required very disciplined economy driving. If the given figure is for mostly slow city driving I'd say it's about right.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cyker said:

I was averaging 45-50mpg (5.6-6.3L/100km) per tank with the same engine in my Mk2, but with a mix of slow city, medium-speed A-roads and fast motorway, and that required very disciplined economy driving. If the given figure is for mostly slow city driving I'd say it's about right.

Thanx. most of my driving is on highways speeding around 90 - 100 km/h. last month the vehicle was tested for the Israeli equivalent of the MOT and among other things they check the emission and the results were OK. I'll keep checking.

4 hours ago, amron said:

Thanx. most of my driving is on highways speeding around 90 - 100 km/h. last month the vehicle was tested for the Israeli equivalent of the MOT and among other things they check the emission and the results were OK. I'll keep checking.

For city driving it’s ok consumption but for motorway with these numbers given it’s not ok imo, should be around 5.2-6l/100km 

Tyre pressure on cold before driving off or the sun has seen the car needs to be checked and adjusted, wheel alignment checked too, and if the car been recently serviced with correct grade oil 0w20 most likely has to be, air filter, spark plugs etc. 

• Like 1