Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does the new RAV4 Dynamic Premium plug in have 360 degrees birds eye view on screen

George baker

My previous RAV4 Hybrid had 360 degrees birds eye view around the car displayed on the screen, does the new RAV4 Plug in Dynamic Premium have this ?   It's not mentioned in the brochure. 

PVM comes with the JBL Premium Sound System available as an option on the HEV - Excel, Dynamic and Adventure trims ...

The PVM was an extra on my HEV Excel, it is combined with the JBL sound system; I thought it was standard on the Dynamic, but I don't know for sure.

10 minutes ago, Saxacat said:

The PVM was an extra on my HEV Excel, it is combined with the JBL sound system; I thought it was standard on the Dynamic, but I don't know for sure.

It's an option rather than standard equipment ...

Many thanks for the info. I will check with the dealer tomorrow if it can be added.

I also see that the foreign versions of the RAV4 Dynamic Premium plug in have a widescreen camera rear view mirror, it's a shame we can't have that also   8-(

PVM is categorically NOT available on the PHEV and is NOT part of the Premuim spec. I too have one on order. 

The lack of some of the better options that are standard in other Toyota global locations is a frustration that has been noted and aired a few time since the UK introduction of the PHEV.

45 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

PVM is categorically NOT available on the PHEV and is NOT part of the Premuim spec. I too have one on order. 

Hi Flatcoat, thank you for making it clear the the Panoramic View Monitor (on the dash) is not available in the uk. 

Edited by George baker
mistake

It is a frustration that Toyota UK omit so many options available on the RAV elsewhere and in competitors cars. I hope the benefits of the RAV outweigh the dismal spec. 

One day, maybe, Mr T UK will offer a PHEV Excel ... 🙂

• Thanks 1

It will be interesting to see just how much, if any, additional development in the PHEV design will be perused by Toyota in light of the BZ4 releases. I’m sure they will do something but I’m wonder if it will be limited to additional functionality rather than an all new release with say, bigger Battery capacity using upgraded Battery technology.

Toyota have issued a number of announcements today around future model strategy. That includes the use of solid state batteries in hybrids before full EV’s and pursuing hydrogen fuelled ICE. Remember not all countries or manufacturers are besotted with BEV’s the way the Uk and EU are. Even tree hugging Biden has only set a 50% target for BEV sales by 2030. Personally I think legislating to force adoption of BEV’s without any other fuel sources will end in costly tears. 

It’s been discussed before but going the hydrogen route without an infrastructure is going to do nobody and favours. It would be even worse than the current EV charging situation.

12 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

Toyota have issued a number of announcements today around future model strategy. That includes the use of solid state batteries in hybrids before full EV’s and pursuing hydrogen fuelled ICE. Remember not all countries or manufacturers are besotted with BEV’s the way the Uk and EU are. Even tree hugging Biden has only set a 50% target for BEV sales by 2030. Personally I think legislating to force adoption of BEV’s without any other fuel sources will end in costly tears. 

Hi, Do you have links to these announcements for future model strategy ?

There are 4 announcements all on Autocar Car News website page.