Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

GR Yaris H2 - hydrogen fuelled

FROSTYBALLS

Can't wait for Hydrogen vehicles, just hope the pricing is right all round, IE, vehicle pricing and fuel price too, no doubt greed will creep in of fuel pricing 

Wooo Kingooo! Glad to see you're still around! Missed you! :biggrin: 

Must admit I'm still not sold on hydrogen... aside from the packaging and capacity issues, the problem for me is how it's manufactured - If using electrolysis, it wastes huge amounts of electricity that could have powered an EV, or literally anything else. If using normal industrial chemical processes, so much CO2 is produced that we may as well have stuck with fossil fuels!

At the moment it's just a silly workaround to get around silly legislation...

Still, I'm just glad Toyota aren't the only ones looking into it - JCB seem to be angling towards H-ICE engines too, reasoning being that fuel cells need very clean filtered air to function, and you don't get that on farms, construction sites, dumps etc.

Also, from a sporting point of view, I think hydrogen would be a lot better than batteries - I still can't watch Formula E with a straight face... thank smeg the cars can at least complete the race without needing to be swapped half-way through now because that was just farcical :laugh: 

Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes Benz, BMW, etc are all currently looking at hydrogen

13 hours ago, Cyker said:

Wooo Kingooo! Glad to see you're still around! Missed you! :biggrin: 

Still here, I was bumped off the site for months :crybaby:

I spoke with the boss of the Hydrogen programme at TGB about 6 years ago, very very interesting, he reckons the big supermarkets will be generating their own hydrogen, they wont be held to ranson by the fuel producers, we shall see, but really had some out of the box thinking 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links