Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris GR Sport announced

Devon Aygo

On 3/26/2022 at 7:32 PM, Ian saunders said:

The new Mazda 2 which is a Yaris, is coming with 15" wheels on two of its models - maybe a option . 

Thanks Ian.

Had my dealer give me a call as I have a Dynamic with City Pack. Seems they're keen to buy some of these back. Half tempted to go for the GR Sport trim if the price is right. I think i'd lose out on the JBL Speakers though. 

1 hour ago, Campblor said:

Had my dealer give me a call as I have a Dynamic with City Pack. Seems they're keen to buy some of these back. Half tempted to go for the GR Sport trim if the price is right. I think i'd lose out on the JBL speakers though. 

I don't think it comes with JBL Speakers unfortunately - having reviewed the price list and build configuration tool......but that could be the point you're making (apologies if I'm misunderstanding).

10 hours ago, davidg88 said:

I don't think it comes with JBL speakers unfortunately - having reviewed the price list and build configuration tool......but that could be the point you're making (apologies if I'm misunderstanding).

Yeah that's what I meant, didn't word it well. 

We'll see in June when they expect to have one on the forecourt so I can have a proper look.

27 minutes ago, Campblor said:

Yeah that's what I meant, didn't word it well. 

We'll see in June when they expect to have one on the forecourt so I can have a proper look.

The website has been revamped but there are still errors and it seemed to me to be even more difficult to navigate. Looking at the interior pic, there's no JBL branding on the GR Sport, so it seems it has the regular Speakers. The specification just mentions 'six speakers'. It wasn't a deal breaker for me and I've got a GR Sport plus City Pack on order. To be honest, I didn't think that much of the JBL set up on my Dynamic. That said, I haven't any experience of the standard Speakers
Incidentally, I noticed the graphics for the GR Sport don't show a Badge on the rear hatch, just the front 'grille'. Also, in the attached screenshot of the interior, there's no change to the pedals. Then again, when this model first appeared on the website, it didn't have the chromed exhaust either! 

Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 11.06.31.png

9 hours ago, AlJ said:

The website has been revamped but there are still errors and it seemed to me to be even more difficult to navigate. Looking at the interior pic, there's no JBL branding on the GR Sport, so it seems it has the regular speakers. The specification just mentions 'six speakers'. It wasn't a deal breaker for me and I've got a GR Sport plus City Pack on order. To be honest, I didn't think that much of the JBL set up on my Dynamic. That said, I haven't any experience of the standard speakers. 
Incidentally, I noticed the graphics for the GR Sport don't show a badge on the rear hatch, just the front 'grille'. Also, in the attached screenshot of the interior, there's no change to the pedals. Then again, when this model first appeared on the website, it didn't have the chromed exhaust either! 

Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 11.06.31.png

Yeah, everything you've mentioned is what I've noticed too - especially little details like the rear 'GR' Badge which shows on some pics, but suddenly disappears when Toyota present it on their website - chrome pedals too.  The offering (to me) doesn't seem to have been presented very well...and I really hope they correct this asap on their website (and also hope CarWow catch up and include it alongside the other models!).  

I test drove the Design spec and found the standard Speakers to be effective......but you're looking at someone who has a 2009 Aygo - of which the Speakers you can just about make out above the engine noise 😬. I'm hoping the Yaris will be super quiet on the motorway Vs. the old Aygo (can't be difficult).

On a side note, I challenged Toyota on the website 'build/configurator' tool Vs. their price list and they confirmed they would update the website.  Whether this happens ..... we'll see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davidg88 said:

On a side note, I challenged Toyota on the website 'build/configurator' tool Vs. their price list and they confirmed they would update the website.  Whether this happens ..... we'll see.

Ah I saw that! It has to be said that some of their answers are better than others, bless 'em! 

1 hour ago, davidg88 said:

I test drove the Design spec and found the standard speakers to be effective......but you're looking at someone who has a 2009 Aygo - of which the speakers you can just about make out above the engine noise 😬. I'm hoping the Yaris will be super quiet on the motorway Vs. the old Aygo (can't be difficult).

'ehhh I'd say it's quiet-er than the Aygo, but I'd be lying if I said it was super quiet on the motorway... it does depend a lot on tyres and surface as it's all road noise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

toyota-yaris-gr-sport-2022-gazoo-racing-

toyota-yaris-gr-sport-2022-gazoo-racing-

Yes, Those are the original release photos. The graphic on the configurator (the one you can rotate) misses the Badge out, though I imagine it'll be on the actual car. 😊👍

6 hours ago, AlJ said:

Yes, Those are the original release photos. The graphic on the configurator (the one you can rotate) misses the badge out, though I imagine it'll be on the actual car. 😊👍

Can I just double check whether anyone has managed to order one at the dealer?  My dealer said it could be with them by end of year or even next year!!!  Doesn't make sense, but we do have a chip shortage...  Equally, they wouldn't be achieving much listing it as available on their website.

4 hours ago, davidg88 said:

Can I just double check whether anyone has managed to order one at the dealer?  My dealer said it could be with them by end of year or even next year!!!  Doesn't make sense, but we do have a chip shortage...  Equally, they wouldn't be achieving much listing it as available on their website.

Yes, I've had one on order for three weeks. Okay, I'll have to admit it hasn't been the smoothest experience, as it wasn't even on the Toyota UK website then (it was on the French, Spanish and other sites before UK). My dealership had more details on their own ordering website but even that wasn't complete. My dealer phoned me yesterday to say it had all gone through fine but hadn't got an estimated delivery time yet and would be back in touch soon. 
I'll let you know when I hear more. 

19 minutes ago, AlJ said:

Yes, I've had one on order for three weeks. Okay, I'll have to admit it hasn't been the smoothest experience, as it wasn't even on the Toyota UK website then (it was on the French, Spanish and other sites before UK). My dealership had more details on their own ordering website but even that wasn't complete. My dealer phoned me yesterday to say it had all gone through fine but hadn't got an estimated delivery time yet and would be back in touch soon. 
I'll let you know when I hear more. 

Thanks, please do.  I'm very intrigued to learn what your dealer says Vs mine!  Perhaps your dealer can advise when they'll be getting a physical model for test drives in too.  All very mysterious!

Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davidg88 said:

Thanks, please do.  I'm very intrigued to learn what your dealer says Vs mine!  Perhaps your dealer can advise when they'll be getting a physical model for test drives in too.  All very mysterious!

Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

I think they mentioned June for a demonstrator model but it's still early days. 

Well, the MyT app had a surprise for me this morning. 

Naturally, having already been through the experience to get my Yaris Dynamic, I'm not getting too excited yet! 

IMG_2934.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

A Yaris GR sport has now appeared in my local Toyota showroom so there are now arriving in to the UK. 

• Like 2

This model has the best seats of all new Toyota cars and they are similar to real Yaris GR four. That combination of materials used gives very comfortable seating and has hard wearing properties. Good job. 👍

• Like 2

From a distance it really looks like they forgot to put tyres on it to me :laugh: 

• Haha 2

Opps, it doesn’t have the best seats I was talking about. Just been in one today and tbh I think the excel and dynamic/launch edition has the better interiors. Here some pictures. 👍

DFDEFC11-C595-4CF6-A1BA-A912B4DD80AC.jpeg

4C402592-6A3E-4314-A828-FF8C0948F46E.jpeg

43CD9D36-E414-4778-AFE0-0DFBAF675003.jpeg

3F343754-C1EE-436D-A349-53B21079178F.jpeg

The seats are the same as Excel/lunch edition

2 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The seats are the same as Excel/lunch edition

I mean the material, it’s a textile that doesn’t look particularly sporty or anywhere near the Yaris GR four , but in Europe this model comes with completely different seats which are same material like the real Yaris gr. 👍

I was expecting these seats.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links