Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coil pack numbering

simers1983

Morning guys,

My Yaris (SY12 VYC) has just be diagnosed with coil pack number 3 being faulty. Can anyone assist as to which coil is number 3. When standing at the front of the car looking in the engine bay are the number 1 to 4 left to right, or right to left?

Cheers

Ash

Cylinder 1 is the timing chain end, 4 is the flywheel end,

you can swap coil pack 3 and 4 if this misfire moves you know it's a bad coil pack, tbh i would check the spark plug first and make sure there is no oil down the plug hole

4 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Cylinder 1 is the timing chain end, 4 is the flywheel end,

you can swap coil pack 3 and 4 if this misfire moves you know it's a bad coil pack, tbh i would check the spark plug first and make sure there is no oil down the plug hole

Perfect, thank you

If you do end up needing a coil pack, the part price can vary! 

On an older Corolla (so, not the same part number, but anyway...), I have bought on separate  occasions, an NGK branded coil and an Interpart branded coil for around 40 pounds. They worked and fitted just fine, and still do. The Toyota-supplied part was priced at 165 pounds. That was 18 months ago. 

19 minutes ago, Gerg said:

If you do end up needing a coil pack, the part price can vary! 

On an older Corolla (so, not the same part number, but anyway...), I have bought on separate  occasions, an NGK branded coil and an Interpart branded coil for around 40 pounds. They worked and fitted just fine, and still do. The Toyota-supplied part was priced at 165 pounds. That was 18 months ago. 

Yeah i just bought an NGK for about £60