Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guys I need your help ASAP (((

Filip.08

I've got a Toyota Auris 1.2 2016 , it's has idle on a cold start , I tried only to unplug the MAF sensor as I understand the car should stop which it didn't ( hopefully it was the right one )  , and soon as I plugged in appeared on dashboard some warning signals  , any ideas what is wrong ? And if it's safety do drive it ? 

PXL_20211205_154816049.jpg

PXL_20211205_154624708.jpg

Probably appeared because you unplugged MAF. 

The car should not stop when MAF is disconnected, but instead should use some default values. Would be kinda stupid that somewhere your MAF dies, and whole car is immobile because of it.

You need diagnostic to check or erase the codes. I remember when i had similar issue, i cleaned the MAF, code was still there, but after erasing it, did not come back, that was 1+ yrs now.

Also, i don't know what you mean by it has an idle at cold start.

Unplugging the Battery might remove the code, after which you would need to start the car, let it run for 10 minutes, to re-learn idle, then take for a short drive. It might fix idle issues if you have any.

• Like 1

the code might clear itself after a certain amount of engine starts / distance driven / duration the engine has been running as the ECU is no longer detecting the MAF being unplugged. 

1 hour ago, Phil_1985 said:

the code might clear itself after a certain amount of engine starts / distance driven / duration the engine has been running as the ECU is no longer detecting the MAF being unplugged. 

Yeah I just checked the car and its not anymore on dashboard , almost **** myself )) thanks.

• Like 1

Need to get used to it, some errors will just pop up once, you delete them and never see them again, which is good to have some cheap diagnostic on hand. I bought one for maybe 20 gbp, keep it in car with me, but only ever needed to delete a code once.