Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roof bars

Tristan. S

First of many questions...

I have a corrola estate 20 plate, i need roof bars and have looked on the toyota site, but they don't give much information.  I much prefer ones with good aerodynamics mainly for noise reduction.  I spoke to my local dealer who dont have any for me to look at as i also want to check the dimensions of the bar to ensure they would work with my current equipment.  Does anyone here have these bars or what alternatives are best. Not sure if other branded one will have the studs that go into the holes on the rails.

I haven't bought any for mine yet, but I would be looking at either OEM or Thule. They usually make good products.

https://www.driveden.com/product/thule-wingbar-edge-silver-aluminium-roof-bars-to-fit-toyota-corolla-touring-sports-2019-2021-clos-7409

• Like 1

Yup. negotiated bars into my order and they really looked like Thule WingBar. However the feet were different from the link posted by Red_Corolla and was more of a universal one. Couple of years ago negotiated bars at a Subaru dealer and those were Subaru branded WingBars too. 

2 hours ago, Parts-King said:

Toyota OEM are nearly always made by Thule, they are a quality product to be fair, very aerodynamic, if bought from Toyota them come complete, you don't have to buy fitting kits or feet kits for them

• Like 1

I've got Yakima whispbars roof bars also from roofbox. They are apparently quietest on the market and the are pretty nice looking for a roof bar.

11 hours ago, pmf said:

I've got Yakima whispbars roof bars also from roofbox. They are apparently quietest on the market and the are pretty nice looking for a roof bar.

I had whispbars on my last car ,did look neat and are very quiet but the wing is too wide for the attachment brakets i have, using the t- bolts is really awkward . Thats why I'm trying to find dimensions of the ones sold by toyota .

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

It would be nice if Corolla owners with roof bars take some pictures and share with us here how they fit the car and how they look in general, just my thoughts.

Thanks 👌👍

Here’s a photo of mine with bars & bike carrier on 

E6EA3CA2-9148-4279-8518-644DA23733D8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Nice, looks properly prepped for a holiday! :laugh: 

Just a day out to the Monsal Trail! 

it’s a 5min job to fit the bars & bike carriers (which I leave as a single piece all fixed together in garage loft). 

A reason why I’m glad I got an estate rather than an SUV - I can lift the bikes onto the roof easily on the Corolla TS 

• Like 1

Its a shame you can’t fit them to the hatchback with moon roof I bought some for mine genuine Toyota asked supplier if suitable they said yes but upon opening box instructions said to not fit with moon roof.

1 hour ago, Rosgoe said:

Its a shame you can’t fit them to the hatchback with moon roof I bought some for mine genuine Toyota asked supplier if suitable they said yes but upon opening box instructions said to not fit with moon roof.

The towbar kit is about half what VW charge and is the easiest option of all for mounting a cycle carrier IMO. But I would say that, because that's what I use 😂 Also no issue when the car park has a crossbar to keep large vans out.

I would have to agree, although I have roof bars and roof bike carriers I also had detachable vertical towbar fitted to my TS and have rear bike carrier. I have used both systems over the years and would definitely agree the towbar is easier for loading and unloading bikes, just initial expense is painful.

11 hours ago, Rosgoe said:

oh crap, is it just the hatchback with the moonroof? 

Really hope TS with the moonroof can accommodate these

ok answering my own question if someone searches for this in the future, found this picture, so I'd imagine roof bars are ok with moonroof toyota-corolla-touring-sports-2019-galle

59 minutes ago, RzrAzr said:

oh crap, is it just the hatchback with the moonroof? 

Really hope TS with the moonroof can accommodate these

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RzrAzr said:

ok answering my own question if someone searches for this in the future, found this picture, so I'd imagine roof bars are ok with moonroof toyota-corolla-touring-sports-2019-galle

Yes I think they are fine with the T/S as they attach to the roof rails but on the hatchback with the moonroof they attach to the roof on the edge of the moon roof .

I assume it’s because if you were to open the roof it would interfere with the brackets unless it’s a strength thing.

19 hours ago, Red_Corolla said:

The towbar kit is about half what VW charge and is the easiest option of all for mounting a cycle carrier IMO. But I would say that, because that's what I use 😂 Also no issue when the car park has a crossbar to keep large vans out.

The detachable toe bar is my next project to get done in the spring to use as a bike rack or to take a  luggage box , toyota gave me a quote when i bought it but its a bit cheeper elsewhere.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tristan. S said:

The detachable toe bar is my next project to get done in the spring to use as a bike rack or to take a  luggage box , toyota gave me a quote when i bought it but its a bit cheeper elsewhere.  

I considered a Skoda Octavia before I bought the Corolla and the factory towbar kit for that car was just shy of a grand! If put me off quite significantly, I hate specifying expensive factory options because they add absolutely nothing in terms of the residual value. But I do like having the towbar as part of the original build so that the wiring is nicely integrated.

• Like 2