Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I get Low mpg. What should it be.

Ali84

On 12/8/2021 at 4:12 AM, Ali84 said:

Its a prius plus 7 seater has a CX badge on the tailgate.

11 hours ago, Chris Dance said:

Considering on a warm day I get over 80MPG on my Gen4 Prius and over 70MPG on a cold day. Your fuel consumption does not appear to be what other Prius users get.

The OP has a Prius+ (aka Prius V) so he will never be getting the same or even near those figures.

Realistically, something like 47 to 52 UK MPG would be more like it.  As it is a Japanese import his consumption is probably measured in km/L so the equivalent figures would be 16.7 to 18.5 km/L.

Short trips, the cold and the other things mentioned by johalareewi should be the focus.  Don't under estimate the hit your fuel economy will take with under-inflated tyres.

• Like 1

I have done many times 70mpg in Prius plus, although in ideal conditions but it is possible, however real world use in short town trips would be like 40 to 50+mpg 👍

CC5A6B75-AEC0-479F-B5C3-0BE09A9E8110.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

I have done many times 70mpg in Prius plus, although in ideal conditions but it is possible, however real world use in short town trips would be like 40 to 50+mpg 👍

CC5A6B75-AEC0-479F-B5C3-0BE09A9E8110.jpeg

16390778377576042357332830477197.jpg

1 hour ago, Ali84 said:

That’s 70mpg uk 👍 What more can you ask for

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ali84 said:

I thought for a minute there you were in 'B' mode, which could explain lower fuel consumption, but I can see now it is the B Trip 🥴

The speedo has been changed to MPH, the trip is in KM still

as above 25km/L is 70 MPG

if you're using an online calculator, make sure its in imperial gallons not Yankee Gallons

Edit. Not sure what the tape is doing on the cluster, speedo adjustment doesnt usually adjust the trip*

*depend on the conversion method used

If it was 25 miles a Litre that would be 114 mpg

If you have a smartphone or sat nav, reset the trip and set a route on the nav and see how they compare

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

The speedo has been changed to MPH, the trip is in KM still

as above 25km/L is 70 MPG

if you're using an online calculator, make sure its in imperial gallons not Yankee Gallons

Edit. Not sure what the tape is doing on the cluster, speedo adjustment doesnt usually adjust the trip*

*depend on the conversion method used

If it was 25 miles a Litre that would be 114 mpg

If you have a smartphone or sat nav, reset the trip and set a route on the nav and see how they compare

The speedo and trip is MPH, the display is japanese and does not have the mpg or mph lettering Only has a1km/l.

The agents who imported it, had to blank this out with tape so the vehicle can pass the uk Dvsa test. 

So I imagine the kml display lettering can be ignored as the system was calibrated to mpg and mph. 

You could try the hybrid assistant app to analyse your car while driving.