Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shoddy Toyota Dealer Service

larryspalette

• Canadian Sno-bird now in Peoria, AZ (Oct 31-Apr 22).
  • Rav4 required emissions test before renewed registration - Arizona State Law.
  • On 3 day temp permit - Vehicle inspected at emissions test facility - failed, recommended to dealer for OBDII fault
  • Appointment made with Toyota Franchise dealer on Bell Rd next door to Larry Miller Hyundai (for geographic reference) for Nov 4, 2021. Appointment included oil change, Multipoint Inspection, 4 new tires (Yokohama AVID Ascend LX 225/65R17 installed).
  • Fault found on OBDII, Tech (13569) found blown fuse, replaced, no charge-Toyota Warranty
    • Returned next day to a different emissions center - FAILED AGAIN! - Fault indicated, fuse, would not indicate power on OBDII analysis tool. 
    • Before returning to Dealership same day, when to auto supply store for their thoughts. Due to Covid, store person would not get in my vehicle - handed me the OBDII analysis tool and told me where to connect. Result - Analysis tool would not power on?? Advised fuse issue. Raced back to Bell Road Toyota Dealership - Another Service Reception Tech brought out their OBDII Analysis tool and had same results. 
    • Service Reception Tech then reached past the OBDII connector, moving his hand further toward the front of the vehicle and with shock stated - There is nothing their, there is supposed to be a fuse and there is nothing. Immediately opened the hood latch, exited the car, opened the hood and the main fuse box cover and extracted a spare fuse. He returned to the OBDII connector and the receptacle just forward of it and inserted the fuse. His analysis tool lit up perfectly!
    • The next day (Saturday) returned to first emissions test facility and had Manager do the testing - Passed with flying colors now!!!
  • Following week had meeting with my assigned Service Reception Tech and his Lead Supervisor/Manager. the matter was reviewed, apologies made, but no compensation suggested or offered for their ineptness, or my personal loss of time, frustration, and obvious aggravation as Vehicle Registration was suspended until OBDII connection issue was resolved.
  • How can I trust this dealer again with vehicle issues when they failed to correct a simple fusing issue by rechecking the faulted area (OBDII port)???
  • As I said, no compensation or apology except the verbal one has been received by me since the incident and this note is sent today, December 9,2021.
  • Yes, all testing and labors performed are documented at dealership and in my possession.
  • Like 1

Disappointing service. However you do realise that Toyota Owners Club is UK based and we only have a very small minority of members in the US and Canada?

• Like 1

Hi Larry, sorry to hear of your troubles it does sound pretty inept of the dealer but only goes to prove ‘all dealers are not made equal’.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, larryspalette said:
  • Canadian Sno-bird now in Peoria, AZ (Oct 31-Apr 22).
  • Rav4 required emissions test before renewed registration - Arizona State Law.
  • On 3 day temp permit - Vehicle inspected at emissions test facility - failed, recommended to dealer for OBDII fault
  • Appointment made with Toyota Franchise dealer on Bell Rd next door to Larry Miller Hyundai (for geographic reference) for Nov 4, 2021. Appointment included oil change, Multipoint Inspection, 4 new tires (Yokohama AVID Ascend LX 225/65R17 installed).
  • Fault found on OBDII, Tech (13569) found blown fuse, replaced, no charge-Toyota Warranty
    • Returned next day to a different emissions center - FAILED AGAIN! - Fault indicated, fuse, would not indicate power on OBDII analysis tool. 
    • Before returning to Dealership same day, when to auto supply store for their thoughts. Due to Covid, store person would not get in my vehicle - handed me the OBDII analysis tool and told me where to connect. Result - Analysis tool would not power on?? Advised fuse issue. Raced back to Bell Road Toyota Dealership - Another Service Reception Tech brought out their OBDII Analysis tool and had same results. 
    • Service Reception Tech then reached past the OBDII connector, moving his hand further toward the front of the vehicle and with shock stated - There is nothing their, there is supposed to be a fuse and there is nothing. Immediately opened the hood latch, exited the car, opened the hood and the main fuse box cover and extracted a spare fuse. He returned to the OBDII connector and the receptacle just forward of it and inserted the fuse. His analysis tool lit up perfectly!
    • The next day (Saturday) returned to first emissions test facility and had Manager do the testing - Passed with flying colors now!!!
  • Following week had meeting with my assigned Service Reception Tech and his Lead Supervisor/Manager. the matter was reviewed, apologies made, but no compensation suggested or offered for their ineptness, or my personal loss of time, frustration, and obvious aggravation as Vehicle Registration was suspended until OBDII connection issue was resolved.
  • How can I trust this dealer again with vehicle issues when they failed to correct a simple fusing issue by rechecking the faulted area (OBDII port)???
  • As I said, no compensation or apology except the verbal one has been received by me since the incident and this note is sent today, December 9,2021.
  • Yes, all testing and labors performed are documented at dealership and in my possession.

Not good mate.

Worth also trying RAV4World forum which I use from time to time. USA and Canadian users mostly. Handful of Brits, Aussies, and Finns.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links