Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 1999 Engine compartment brace.

BASSMANA2Z

Hi,

I'm a new club member. I previously owned a '95 model and it didn't have an engine compartment brace. My "new" RAV4 is a '99 HEAT model and it does have a brace (see pic, it's a stock photo but you get the idea). I'm wondering if it's really necessary for the structural integrity of the vehicle. At present it's fitted with a small amp/hr Battery and I'd like to fit a larger/beefier Battery from my old '95 RAV4. It will fit in the tray but the brace makes it a very tight fit.

So, is it OK to remove the brace?

rav4 brace 74e98f_ed3a9f1d59f049d599e99c5010b9fa01_mv2.jpg

Sorry I’m not able to help you but with the brace removed would you have the room to fit a new Battery? Why do you figure you need a bigger Battery? The brace looks after market rather than OEM if that’s true then it should be no problem to remove it.

Thanks Ernie. That's my conclusion too. With the brace removed I will be able to fit a bigger Battery. The reason I want to fit a bigger Battery is the one that's fitted is much smaller both in dimensions and amp/hr rating than the one on my '95 RAV4.  It appears to be draining. A small trickle drain is normal and may be acceptable with the correct Battery fitted. Unfortunately it may be an intermittent fault(I hope not) but upgrading the battery seems a good place to start. It's simple and won't cost me anything. The battery tray/space on both vehicles is the same with the brace removed.

Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links