Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SCV nightmare

greyskull2

Absolutely pulling my hair out trying to source an exact replacement for my Suction Control Valve. How many are there for a 2010 Avensis D4D? I have had 2 and they are both wrong, the latest one to arrive was a Denso 295009-0120 which had the additional spacer, etc included but the connection plug faces outwards instead of down and the holes in the shaft of the SCV which get uncovered during operation are in different locations to the ones on the original. The original is the long body type with no spacer fitted and has the coding 061 09L-68786 printed on it. This coding doesn't attract any Google results. Anyone with any ideas please, it's driving me nuts!!!!!😒

Also, my DTC code is now P1272 instead of the original P0093

Hi and thanks for taking the time to reply. It is SB1ED76L30E030640

Built - 01/2010

Engine - 1ADFTV

Oem - 04226-26010

Denso list 2 for that year

DCRS301370

DCRS301380

the one with the spacer is correct as there was a recall and TSB for the SCV

On 1/12/2018 at 7:37 PM, Devon Aygo said:

The kit looks fine, as Kevins mentions above, ensure the area around the supply pump is clean and make sure no dust/dirt gets into pump or onto SCV 

Remove old SCV

From the pair of O rings the smaller goes onto the Pump, lube with clean diesel

Then install the 2 guide pins ( finger tight )

Lube O ring on new SCV with diesel

Install Cap onto new SCV

Lube and install single smallest O ring onto Cap

Lube and fit final largest SCV onto spacer block

Fit spacer onto guide pins ( spacer O ring facing out towards SCV )

Install SCV through spacer onto pump

Remove guide pins and install new bolts torque 10.8nm

Reconnect SCV supply harness ( note the harness routes differently due to the plug orientation on the new SCV make sure the harness does not contact the plastic engine cover when refitting. )

Contact your dealer, reference the bulletin and arrange to have your Engine ECU software updated to get the full benefits of the new SCV

Many thanks to you both. So the Denso 295009-0120 is ok for me to fit - its just that the additional metal cap for the end makes it look much more intrusive and bulky than the old one, scared me to try and make it fit!!!

Hi again, just been out to see if I could figure this out and the saga just gets worse. The additional slip-on metal cap can't be accommodated within the pump housing as it's diameter is too large to fit in the hole. It will go so far but then comes to a stop as you can see in the first photo. The 2 pumps are shown next to each other in the other photo so I thought they would work as a straight swop but I get an immediate p1272 when the new one is fitted in place and the engine fired up. If I fit the old one, I get no immediate code but will throw up a P0093 once it gets warm. I am at a loss with this and just to make things worse the heavens opened as I was mid-way thru the job and soaked all my precious tools!!!

Anyone have any suggestions as to next best step? Is there a way to check on the correct long bodied valve for this pump as the 2 referred to above both seem to be short bodied valves? 

SCV1.JPG

SCV2.JPG

Just looked up 295009-0120 i didn't find anything, 294009-0120 comes back as a nissan/vauxhall/ isuzu part so that is incorrect

after going around in circles for ages, comparing pumps and oem numbers, i come up with a Denso number 294200-0611

this comes up as the Denso DCRS301370

I will carry on digging

Hi, I did get one digit wrong earlier, the kit I have is a 294009-0120 and looks identical to the old one apart from the end wiring plug. 

I did a quick test with the ignition on and I get -12v on one wire and nothing on the other - both referenced from Battery terminals so wondering if my problem is deeper than just the scv. Also both old and new units meter out at 2.5ohms which looks healthy.

After much Googling I also came up with 294200-0611 which looks correct but images for Denso DCRS301370 are quite different and show the short body length. 

I'm thinking that this is going to have to be a painful main dealer job but the car is now in limp mode on every new start so it's not easy to do the 28 mile trip to the nearest one. 

It's a great weekend!

• Like 1