Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My T Sport developments

corradovr6

Agreed Paul.

Yes, replaced the Badge for a new one. The old one was stuck on pretty well so took some effort to remove cleanly 

• Like 2

Looks good Hasan ,re your reference to points adjustment, I assure you that replacing your Badge neatly is a lot more difficult than adjusting points on the old motors.

The old codgers like me will remember that the first thing you did when buying a car was buy a new set of points, for when you needed them.

No mystery to it,a cross head screw released the points for adjustment, and a torn off bit of cardboard from a packet of rizla papers equated to around 15 thou IIRC if you lacked feeler gauges.

The revelation to me, was a Datsun sunny which had a second screw in the distributor that opened or closed the points gap while the fixing screw was released.

That was an epiphany for me re Japanese engineering.

I reckon I could do that now with my eyes shut, but if the electronic ignition on my Yaris went wrong, I would be clueless.

• Like 1

Drop links I used to change mine every year to be honest not always using rubbers from cars parts electric motor mounting rubbers of the correct type also work great.

It’s been a long time since I heard the name Datsun.  I often wondered why it was changed to Nissan.

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted one new door speaker drivers side and then ran out of light. Pioneer ts g1720f. Nothing special but sounded quite good in previous installa. Here however they dont seem to have any depth. Any thoughts on the tinny sound?

Thanks

20221204_150924.jpg

20221204_152206.jpg

20221204_155139.jpg

20221204_155817.jpg

• Like 2

sound deaden the door, that will make a huge difference, a 2 way coaxial may not be correct for this setup

Be aware that you have a pair of 4" in the dash of a TS (oem are Pioneer)

Thanks. I've already deadened the outer skin but do tell me more about the impact of the dash Speakers...could be the issue, something i'd like to understand further.  Is it then worth disconnecting the dash Speakers?  

Not sure how it's wired on the TS, use the fader on the radio, dash 4" may be the fronts and the rear go to the doors

Pics of the passenger side.

This was done in about an hour including soldering and heat shrinking the new connector. Added some self adhesive CCF behind the speaker, not sure how much of an effect it will have as I've already damped the outer skin.

Shifted the fader to the 'rear' - sorted the tinny sound, leagues better than before, a quite simple but worthwhile upgrade. Many thanks to Bob @flash22

20221210_150155.jpg

20221210_150159.jpg

20221210_152539.jpg

20221210_152544.jpg

• Like 1

The doors are run off the rear channel and the 4" in the dash are run off the fronts in that case - I take it you have an aftermarket radio ??

Looking good Hasan.

Should sound fine as long as you avoid playing Bobby Crush's greatest hits.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The doors are run off the rear channel and the 4" in the dash are run off the fronts in that case - I take it you have an aftermarket radio ??

Good to know.

Yes, replaced the standard setup mainly for the bluetooth in the new unit

13 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Looking good Hasan.

Should sound fine as long as you avoid playing Bobby Crush's greatest hits.

Haha thanks Paul.

I have to confess my music taste is quite narrow: Depeche Mode, Frontline Assembly and some other dark synth music much to the chagrin of my family!

• Like 2

Mine is mix 

7 minutes ago, flash22 said:

My taste in music is very eclectic, very mood dependent lol

Mine is a mix of local radio,70s bubble gum pop, some punk, and classical.

In fact, when I think about it, I have the weirdest taste of anyone I know.

• Haha 1

Anything goes really from classical to hard bass, but was in to the likes of Pulp, Portishead, the odd bit of rock/metal, electronica/acid jazz like frou frou, Imogen heap and Little dragon

Parody/comedy when the mood suits from the like of Tim Minchin, weird al, amateur transplants, Bill Bayley, Kevin bleeping Wilson not forgetting Jasper carrot

• Like 1

Ha ha, now I'm lost, apart from Mr carrot and his funky moped.

It was so embarrassing to have a mobylette  in 1971 , when all the cool and popular lads had lambretta sx 200s.

I had to set off at 4pm for the 7pm disco in the village hall 10 miles away, not a very good sense of direction either in those days.

I sometimes wonder how I ever managed to procreate.

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...

Not my yaris, this is the current state of the corrado cabin...hope you all like spaghetti!

The heater diverter flap has foam which has disintegrated, its almost 30 years old. So the dash has to come out and I'll probably do the heater matrix too..plus tidy up some of this mess properly!

20230408_184637.jpg

20230408_184643.jpg

20230408_184658.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sadly up for sale now...

heres the thread:

ideally i'd prefer someone here to take it...and you never know, funds permitting i might buy it back off you in a few years!  But with prices on the rise i hope i would be able to afford it too..

• 1 month later...

Oh well, thats the t sport gone 😪

Really nice lad came to buy it, which was good to see. But i have to say it is a bit sad. Having owned a yaris since 2001 (cdx before the t sport) its really the end of an era. 

We've got a Corolla and a Rav so I'll still be lurking around the TOC, maybe poking my nose in to the yaris forum!

Another thing, some super nice people on the yaris forum, really enjoyed the dialogue with you and my warmest wishes to you.

• Like 3

Hello Hasan, it must be very mixed feelings letting it go.

So,did it go to a toc member then?

You sound as though your participation is in the past tense,no need to lurk, poke your nose into all the forums, lots of us do.

And yes, I agree there are some really nice and helpful people on here, you being one of them.

So don't be a stranger, you stay around 🙂

• Like 3

Yeah, even catlover still hangs around and he's got two skodas now! :laugh: 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Yeah, even catlover still hangs around and he's got two skodas now! :laugh: 

I hope that I would not be excommunicated if the Yaris had to go.😞

And yes I still like to hear from ex Toyota owners, even though might be temporary aberration.😉

Is it a requirement?

I used to be a member of a club where it was a requirement to own a motorcycle and a full A license, but that went out of the window when I turned full on Max power.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links