Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid 2021 — Brake pedal squeak/grind?

baxuz

It's me again... This car is a gift that keeps on giving.

So, during the car handoff I noticed that the brake pedal was squeaking, but the dealer told me that this is normal, and that maybe I'm hearing the disk brake squeak. I decided to see if it will eventually go away. It didn't.

Is this normal?

On the topic of the disk brakes, they exhibit a few loud thunks when engaging and disengaging. Is that also to be expected?

Found the exact noise that's happening with the brakes on the outside:

Have you tried to push by hand? If it still does then you can look further but tbh noise like that are happening sometimes and most likely they will disappear by themselves with the time. Nothing to worry about on a new car. 👍

• Like 1

Why would it be different if I push by hand? Pushing is pushing 🤷‍♂️. Hopefully it goes away then.

12 minutes ago, baxuz said:

Why would it be different if I push by hand? Pushing is pushing 🤷‍♂️.

Because when rubber is new on the pedals and clean can make these kind of noises when pressed with shoes, pressing by hand will eliminate one possible error. 😉👍 
Sometime this noises also can come from the pads squeezing the discs, or the rubber boot on the master cylinder, or the pin of the pedal itself. Some silicone grease or silicone lubricant spray may help. 👍

Nah this is metallic creaking/grinding, not a rubber squeak noise.

I'm taking the car to the dealership this week anyway, see what they say. Just wanted some independent input 🙂

5 minutes ago, baxuz said:

Nah this is metallic creaking/grinding, not a rubber squeak noise.

I'm taking the car to the dealership this week anyway, see what they say. Just wanted some independent input 🙂

Even with listening to the video, it’s difficult to figure out there’s a definite rubbing noise there. Get the dealers mechanic to sit in the car with you and then let him try to replicate the sound, that’s about the only way to get it seen to. Let us know what is diagnosed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links