Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MyT app update

ernieb

Just downloaded a MyT app update on the iPad and on opening there is a Christmas tree animation and on the home page snow falling over the car image. Nice enough but the app offered a selection of data protection options which whatever you select produces an error message. 
EDIT, just downloaded the update onto my android Samsung phone same graphics, however no data protection scenes.

• Like 1

HEV version on Android Samsung, same graphics, no data protection options presented. No obvious improvements to functionality.

Well currently as I post this both my iPad and Android versions of the MyT apps will not let me log in, great update or server issue?

6 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Well currently as I post this both my iPad and Android versions of the MyT apps will not let me log in, great update or server issue?

Think it must be a server issue as I can’t get into mine on iOS either. Just updated the app incase it fixed it and found it still the same.

• Like 1

Same here, but I've used it a couple of times today, since the update, so I suspect a server issue.

Just logged in successfully on both my Samsung Android phone and tablet.

+1, mine is now also OK. It does seem typical of Toyota to release an update and then have the server down?

More problems logging on this morning, error 003 try again in 10 mins. Sometimes gets to downloading the data 65% then stops.  It’s all a minor thing but frustrating, I’ve communicated with Toyota and last night they said there was not a server problem, I’ve reported it again this morning.

It's just as well Toyota are in the automobile business rather than in ICT ...

I updated when I saw this thread yesterday - unfortunately 😉

and then got comms error messages consistently until I restarted my phone ('droid). It has worked 'fine' since then but a dodgy update just to add snowflakes doesn't seem that beneficial.

Don't forget to update again in January to get rid of the snowflakes! 🙂

Philip, that matches my sentiments entirely. It’s working again now but initially showed yesterday’s data so I thought the car needed charging and had not charged overnight. I stopped the app restarted and logged back in and after a short pause displayed the correct data.

Getting this wrong on the BZ4 could be more serious as the apps tend to have more impact on accessing the car look at Tesla and the thousands locked out of their cars a couple of weeks ago.

if this was the results of just displaying a Christmas tree and a few snow flakes then shame on Toyota.

Mine updated yesterday on Android. It logged me out and it was a bit slow logging back in then slow to access the charging and climate pages but it seem to work later. Just checked and it is working for me now. An intermittent issue like this suggests a server issue rather than a faulty app to me.

Nigel, I agree even if Toyota said there was no issue with the sever. I’d reported that there was an issue with the data protection screen selection and that got fixed when the eventually fired up again. I’ve got to believe that something changed or was updated to get that screen to work.

I did an update a few days ago to the 1 Nov update, fine.  I know find it has done another update with the tree on the logo page.  But it has wiped my password and doesn't ask for biometric.  I am away from home and don't know how it find my car 😅

Reset my password and it demands a special character but not £. I don't think € or ¥ count either. 

No problem with my log-in but then again no update either with the Christmas theme referred to. 

35 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Nigel, I agree even if Toyota said there was no issue with the sever. I’d reported that there was an issue with the data protection screen selection and that got fixed when the eventually fired up again. I’ve got to believe that something changed or was updated to get that screen to work.

Didn't have any data protection selections but I'm on Android and I think you said you only had that on iOS.

Roy, mine also signed me out of my account and more or less treated me as a new customer setting up the app. I’ve reinstated my PIN etc. which I find is easier to use for log in.

Nigel, just iOS iPad not for Android.

I just got the Christmas tree graphics, etc. No other problem, but there was an update to IOS 15.2, I didn't have the Christmas tree before that update.

I don’t think IOS update has any bearing. I had the update installed and still cannot see on MyT what everyone else appears to. 

Nigel, it seems to work well for weeks on end and then gets incredibly flaky. I really think the Christmas decorations have broken something.

10 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

No problem with my log-in but then again no update either with the Christmas theme referred to. 

This update installed automatically but previous updates I had to do it.  Only last week or so I installed the 1 Nov update, the Christmas tree came automatically. 

Since the update, it seems to be missing almost 50% of my (new) journeys in the "All Trips". Maybe just co-incidence, I assume it's the car & Toyota's central servers which are responsible for maintaining this data rather then the app.

Paul, everything is uploaded to the Toyota servers so it’s there. I’ve had missing trips that eventually appear. 🤞

New update for iOS available, version 4.7.1, no major changes but I’ve not had the data protection selection error yet.