Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MyT app update

ernieb

32 minutes ago, nlee said:

Looks like my app last updated on the 10th Jan (Monday). The description is "minor improvements and bug fixes" but it still hasn't taken the Christmas tree down!

Just loaded the latest IOS version 4.8.0. (488), still Christmas in Toyota Land!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The dealer that I usually use for service seems to be using data from the car to stalk me, sort of. Phoned me today to tell me my car was due a service (which it is by mileage) and do I want to book it in.
As its going back to lease company any day now I declined of course.

First time its happened and I'm not sure I like it, I can read an odometer myself and work out when 10K has been added and will book where I want, when I want.

Hi,

RAV Rob you are a minority who keep track of thier mileage. I see it on a daily basis when customers come in for warranty repair and when the service history is looked at, more often than not the car is not serviced at the correct inverval or mileage. The customer comments are the dealer did not call me to tell me the car was due for a service, eventhough its the customers responsiblity. Manufacturers are looking at ways to not pay out on warranty, especially when it's extended warranty. Maunfacturers create these systems to give the customer every chance to bring it in for service when its due, so that when they don't, and the failure is service related, the manufacturer can reject the warranty claim.

Koush

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Koush said:

you are a minority who keep track of thier mileage. I see it on a daily basis when customers come in for warranty repair and when the service history is looked at, more often than not the car is not serviced at the correct inverval or mileage

Really ? Do Toyotas not have a service reminder indicator built in to the onboard computer? My two previous cars, not Toyotas, MY06 et MY15, had indicators.

OTOH, my Peugeot dealer told me that many low mileage owners won’t get their cars serviced annually.

8 hours ago, Rav Rob said:

The dealer that I usually use for service seems to be using data from the car to stalk me, sort of. Phoned me today to tell me my car was due a service (which it is by mileage) and do I want to book it in.

First time its happened and I'm not sure I like it, I can read an odometer myself and work out when 10K has been added and will book where I want, when I want.

I'm pretty sure I remember being asked about this when I first set up the app. Anyhow, you can turn it on or off on the app. Swipe the picture of your car to the left, then you have an option for car settings. Select this, then under warnings, you can choose to set whether you you want system failures and maintenance to be sent to your preferred dealer or not.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rav Rob said:

Just a thought, did the dealer set up your MyT app, if he did and you haven't changed the password they may still be able to login to it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koush said:

Hi,

RAV Rob you are a minority who keep track of thier mileage. I see it on a daily basis when customers come in for warranty repair and when the service history is looked at, more often than not the car is not serviced at the correct inverval or mileage. The customer comments are the dealer did not call me to tell me the car was due for a service, eventhough its the customers responsiblity. Manufacturers are looking at ways to not pay out on warranty, especially when it's extended warranty. Maunfacturers create these systems to give the customer every chance to bring it in for service when its due, so that when they don't, and the failure is service related, the manufacturer can reject the warranty claim.

Koush

Most company car folk like me need to track it. Daily. So we can claim for fuel for business trips. As the PHEV is partly targeting company car folk because of its 7pc BIK tax then it sort of makes more sense to have mileage and trip tracking? ...as a user.

There is a section in the MyT app that tells you the current mileage and when the next service is due, e.g. 5843/9999.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ernieb said:

There is a section in the MyT app that tells you the current mileage and when the next service is due, e.g. 5843/9999.

If only.  Mine shows 12,700/19,999.  This ignored the previous service was at 3 700/12 months. The service in Mar 21 is shown as a hybrid health check and maintenance.  It records the washer pump was replaced.  It does not record the mileage nor that the Battery was replaced. 

It's only as good as the information put in. 

6 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Most company car folk like me need to track it. Daily. So we can claim for fuel for business trips. As the PHEV is partly targeting company car folk because of its 7pc BIK tax then it sort of makes more sense to have mileage and trip tracking? ...as a user.

Yup me too. Fortunately we have the commercial version of TomTom sat navs, in my opinion its still the best guidance system and with its live connectivity very good at avoiding delays. The other advantage is it continually uploads detailed trip data to a portal for each driver to access.
Even better, our IT have linked the Tomtom accounts to the companies system creating an auto populating 'time sheet' with travel info of where we go and the trip mileage, also adding it up. A monthly fuel claim is a simple 1 line expense claim for total months business mileage.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nlee said:

I'm pretty sure I remember being asked about this when I first set up the app. Anyhow, you can turn it on or off on the app. Swipe the picture of your car to the left, then you have an option for car settings. Select this, then under warnings, you can choose to set whether you you want system failures and maintenance to be sent to your preferred dealer or not.

Thanks, didn't know that

26 minutes ago, Rav Rob said:

Yup me too. Fortunately we have the commercial version of TomTom sat navs, in my opinion its still the best guidance system and with its live connectivity very good at avoiding delays. The other advantage is it continually uploads detailed trip data to a portal for each driver to access.
Even better, our IT have linked the Tomtom accounts to the companies system creating an auto populating 'time sheet' with travel info of where we go and the trip mileage, also adding it up. A monthly fuel claim is a simple 1 line expense claim for total months business mileage.

Agreed. I miss the TomTom 3D from the 3008 hybrid4 I had.

It's personal, I preferred Garmin configured to Navigon style. 

34 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

Agreed. I miss the TomTom 3D from the 3008 hybrid4 I had.

Have you tried TomTom Go via Android Auto or CarPlay (includes offline maps but £12.99 per year - I think) or TomTom Amigo (no offline maps but free). Not as flashy as 3D and some functionality limited by Google on Android Auto, i.e. the side/progress bar, but uses the same guidance and traffic updates as any other TomTom.

Nothing to lose using Amigo and you get a free 30 day try on Go so worth a try.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nlee said:

Have you tried TomTom Go via Android Auto or CarPlay (includes offline maps but £12.99 per year - I think) or TomTom Amigo (no offline maps but free). Not as flashy as 3D and some functionality limited by Google on Android Auto, i.e. the side/progress bar, but uses the same guidance and traffic updates as any other TomTom.

Nothing to lose using Amigo and you get a free 30 day try on Go so worth a try.

Thanks I'll take a look. But the great thing about Tom Tom 3D in the 3008 was that it appeared on the huge high up all digital drivers display with all the buildings in 3D which great for getting bearings. And on the info display at s different zoom as you desired. All the traffic and speed cams including mobile ones like Waze does.

So I think the advantage on the RAV4 is limited?

I did a 115 mile run yesterday there and back so 230 miles in total. On each 115 mile leg I broke the run with a short break so the car should have reported 2 out and 2 back 4 trips in total, it reported only 3, 2 out and 1 back. It was OK going up MyT reports the first two trips but the third trip (first part of the return journey) is missing but happily reports the last 4th trip. I do this run regularly and never have issues. I hope this makes some kind of sense.

I've left it a day to see if the MyT app catches up and looked on the web based MyToyota trip history, nothing.

No great issue but a pain if you rely on the app to claim business mileage.

• Like 1

I've never had the 3D so can't directly compare but presume it's a still a downgrade over that. I do prefer to Google Maps and Waze though. Both handle all speed cameras really well. It gives a verbal warning which also includes the speed limit. You can set speed alerts at whatever threshold above the limit you like but will alert at the speed limit when approaching a camera or within a average zone. I like how they work with average speed cameras, it will give a verbal update every so often to tell you your average speed since entering the zone. Amigo also displays this on the screen, which is better than the paid version. Amigo has functionality similar to Waze so you can report roadworks and hazards, etc but Go only gives an option to report cameras. I'm still undecided which I prefer of the two but each to their own and at least you can try both at no cost. I've come to the end of my free trial so have paid for the first year of Go.

• Like 1

On building displays, I haven't had much experience of these as there have been few occasions where I have driven in such mapped areas. 

• Like 1

Why is it 220MB. What could possibly cause it to be that huge? It's a 10MB app at the most including trip data (1MB a year max). Just spotted after wondering where my smartphone storage space had gone.

43 minutes ago, ernieb said:

WOW, just checked mine 329Mb!

Could be that Christmas tree animation!

Still on 4.8.0, but Christmas Tree and snowflakes have gone.

• Like 1

Just logged in. No Christmas tree or snowflakes. App not updated since last week so must be controlled on the server rather than locally on the app.

• Like 1

Christmas tree gone, snowflakes still there. It is winter though 😀

• Like 1