Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Your new electric Toyota

Geoff W

6 minutes ago, Geoff W said:

Pick your new electric car here:

https://media.toyota.co.uk/toyota-motor-corporation-unveils-full-global-battery-electric-line-up/

But you might have a very long wait! 2030!

The rate that Toyota are currently building and the ridiculously long lead times you had best order it now and it will probably be ready by then. 

Looks promising 👍 

Two models out of the all has windscreen clear and you can see the interior which makes those as ready products bz4x and one tiny car at the back,. All others might be just a clay prototypes. In between might be the next Prius, who knows. 😉👌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Looks promising 👍 

Two models out of the all has windscreen clear and you can see the interior which makes those as ready products bz4x and one tiny car at the back,. All others might be just a clay prototypes. In between might be the next Prius, who knows. 😉👌

I hadn't spotted the lack of glass - I guess that makes most of them just a distant dream.

I did pick up on the target economy of 125 watt hours per kilometre. That would be quite an achievement.

I also noticed the aim to get "low 2 second" acceleration (to 100 kph?) in the Lexus sport car. I know I'm getting old but is that sensible? One of the aspects of electric cars is how comparatively easily they achieve acceleration times that would cost a fortune to achieve with an internal combustion engine. I wonder whether the average Tesla driver is really ready for the acceleration capability they are offered and I wonder whether electric cars that can out accelerate Lamborghinis, Ferraris  and McLarens have the same level of handling and braking as their hugely expensive competition. Am I the only one who worries about this?

• Like 1

Moved to General Club Discussions.

31 minutes ago, Geoff W said:

I hadn't spotted the lack of glass - I guess that makes most of them just a distant dream.

I did pick up on the target economy of 125 watt hours per kilometre. That would be quite an achievement.

I also noticed the aim to get "low 2 second" acceleration (to 100 kph?) in the Lexus sport car. I know I'm getting old but is that sensible? One of the aspects of electric cars is how comparatively easily they achieve acceleration times that would cost a fortune to achieve with an internal combustion engine. I wonder whether the average Tesla driver is really ready for the acceleration capability they are offered and I wonder whether electric cars that can out accelerate Lamborghinis, Ferraris  and McLarens have the same level of handling and braking as their hugely expensive competition. Am I the only one who worries about this?

Well the Tesla mostly won its popularity just because of that insane acceleration and now all others to follow. The latest Models S plaid is less than 3 seconds so pretty much same. I think normal road cars even able to do this should be electronically controlled and made slower like no car should be able to accelerate 0-60 less than 6 seconds, and when driver passes special courses and only on tracks there should be option to unlock that power and enjoy your toy safely and responsively. But it’s business first and safety afterwards as is with anything else pretty much these days. 👍

• Like 2

Hmmm... I can't help noticing all of the pictured vehicles are giant land boats... Where's the GR Yaris EV??? :naughty: 

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

Hmmm... I can't help noticing all of the pictured vehicles are giant land boats... Where's the GR Yaris EV??? :naughty: 

Agreed

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links