Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BZ4 Prices 15th Dec

ernieb

That’s a lot of model options but I suppose looks bigger because of FWD and AWD versions

AWD are always popular models, even for people who will never use it's capabilities 

26 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

AWD are always popular models, even for people who will never use it's capabilities 

True, people feel safer ... and then end up in a ditch. I just overheard some people talking about an accident they had with a 4WD on snow (and summer tyres) !

• Like 1

I know, the standard of some peoples driving leaves a lot to be desired 🙄

Looking at the Spec that equates to the Corolla means a no from me sadly. 

28 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

I know, the standard of some peoples driving leaves a lot to be desired 🙄

Well, I always say I drive less well than I think I do, and that when I see someone doing something on the road I consider unsafe, it distracts me. Generally, an accident is a moment of inattention, or just not being careful enough. WRT summer tyres, I am selling my car in a few days with summer tyres on it, I hope it doesn't snow between then and now !

And the UK grant has been reduced from £2.5K to £1.5K but only if the car list price is below £32K so no chance of any kind of grant benefit, sad really that at the same time as promoting EV cars the grants have become almost non existent. There are only 20 cars that can qualify for agent in the UK.

Much like when the RAV4 PHEV was launched, I think Toyota UK has messed up the pricing!

They've put the car smack bang in the middle of the ID4, Ioniq 5 and EV6 which all have bigger batteries and more range.  Indeed, the mid spec Ioniq 5 AWD is around £3100 cheaper than the mid spec AWD bZ4X - it has more range, better acceleration and faster charging!

I also don't understand the price structure either, there is only £1900 between top spec and mid spec, but £3800 between mid spec and base spec?!

If the car was £5k cheaper it would fit between the base Battery and big Battery models from VW, Hyundai and Kia.  As it is, it's in no mans land and will need some seriously good offers on leases to keep me within brand....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, duncerduncs said:

Much like when the RAV4 PHEV was launched, I think Toyota UK has messed up the pricing!

They've put the car smack bang in the middle of the ID4, Ioniq 5 and EV6 which all have bigger batteries and more range.  Indeed, the mid spec Ioniq 5 AWD is around £3100 cheaper than the mid spec AWD bZ4X - it has more range, better acceleration and faster charging!

I also don't understand the price structure either, there is only £1900 between top spec and mid spec, but £3800 between mid spec and base spec?!

If the car was £5k cheaper it would fit between the base battery and big battery models from VW, Hyundai and Kia.  As it is, it's in no mans land and will need some seriously good offers on leases to keep me within brand....

Agree, its difficult to sell the car, specification, power, Battery are all mediocre for the price. Plenty of competition. 

They do claim an efficient heating system which has minimal impact on range, suggests a heat pump technology which is a pricey option on some other brands (except Tesla on which its now standard)

On 12/15/2021 at 5:55 PM, Rav Rob said:

Agree, its difficult to sell the car, specification, power, battery are all mediocre for the price. Plenty of competition. 

They do claim an efficient heating system which has minimal impact on range, suggests a heat pump technology which is a pricey option on some other brands (except Tesla on which its now standard)

If I lived in Norway or Sweden then maybe the heat pump would swing it, but as it stands I can't see how the bZ4X is going to sell?

I still don't understand how VW, Skoda and Audi sell the same heat pump at a different price 🙂

2 minutes ago, duncerduncs said:

If I lived in Norway or Sweden then maybe the heat pump would swing it, but as it stands I can't see how the bZ4X is going to sell?

I still don't understand how VW, Skoda and Audi sell the same heat pump at a different price 🙂

Heat pump is the air conditioning unit, if I am not mistaken, they are reversible. So "cool" in summer and "hot" in winter.

Toyota says they expecting their Battery will be 90% after 10 year/150k miles. How does that stack up against the competition.

On 12/15/2021 at 3:36 PM, Parts-King said:

Yup, I am one of those people! :laugh:  If they'd given the Yaris MK4 the eAWD option like the japanese one I would have totally gotten that, even tho' realistically I have absolutely no need for it :laugh: 

On 12/15/2021 at 5:42 PM, ernieb said:

And the UK grant has been reduced from £2.5K to £1.5K but only if the car list price is below £32K so no chance of any kind of grant benefit, sad really that at the same time as promoting EV cars the grants have become almost non existent. There are only 20 cars that can qualify for agent in the UK.

Ugh I've already said how worthless that grant is. They should put the money into something beneficial! The thing is those grants only help people rich enough to buy those things in the first place, people who would have probably bought it without the grant if thy really wanted to. They are absolutely useless for 90% of us and IMHO a disgusting waste of our tax money.

On 12/15/2021 at 6:26 PM, Catlover said:

Toyota says they expecting their battery will be 90% after 10 year/150k miles. How does that stack up against the competition.

The general industry expectation is 80%, with varying mileages. High-mileage use with exclusive and frequent rapid charging will likely drop the capacity to that level within the warranty period, so will be interesting to see how long that lasts. We haven't seen it so much as EV owners doing long distance are the exception rather than the rule at the moment. Most of them seem to do around 7k miles a year or less, i.e. half my annual mileage!

But this is another reason I want a minimum 300 miles at 70mph, as 80% of that would still be barely usable for me (I'll have to keep my Yaris Winter Driving Coat around :laugh: ). Most current EVs are already too short-ranged for me, and 80% from those would mean I own a very very expensive paperweight as far as usefulness goes!

I see the best 10 cars feature only the Yaris and low down at that. 

I am very happy with the Corolla and in many respects I am delighted with it yet there are things that an honest reviewer would count as negatives.  No 1 is the 12v Battery. Then its quirky Hold button. For its class (Corolla) luggage capacity is flexible but limited. 

A Bz4x (please give it a name) must have a 5 star rating if it is to succeed in its class. Given its price point, which Toyota fans would move across to the Bz4x? 

15 hours ago, ernieb said:

If figures show sales of EV vehicles are rising that sounds like incentives are not needed. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 8:41 PM, Roy124 said:

I see the best 10 cars feature only the Yaris and low down at that. 

I am very happy with the Corolla and in many respects I am delighted with it yet there are things that an honest reviewer would count as negatives.  No 1 is the 12v battery. Then its quirky Hold button. For its class (Corolla) luggage capacity is flexible but limited. 

A Bz4x (please give it a name) must have a 5 star rating if it is to succeed in its class. Given its price point, which Toyota fans would move across to the Bz4x? 

As I understand RAV4 prices have just increased to Bz4x prices. If that’s correct then perhaps the question is obsolete overnight.

Not obsolete but answered and entirely logical, if they are comparable in most respects. 

Early adopters will not have a lower priced RAV to consider.  More cautious drivers can continue with the RAV

I expect further EV models will be designed as alternatives to existing ranges but their prices points will have to remain competitive across their competitors too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

If figures show sales of EV vehicles are rising that sounds like incentives are not needed. 

I think you’re correct. With the increased choice of BEVs  available and the range increasing many more people are now actively considering an BEV. Another aspect are tax breaks for company car drivers which virtually makes a BEV very attractive with a Benefit in Kind rate of 1/2% over the next few years. Lots of company car drivers will head to BEV for this reason. 

On 12/16/2021 at 9:38 AM, Roy124 said:

Not obsolete but answered and entirely logical, if they are comparable in most respects. 

Early adopters will not have a lower priced RAV to consider.  More cautious drivers can continue with the RAV

I expect further EV models will be designed as alternatives to existing ranges but their prices points will have to remain competitive across their competitors too. 

It will be interesting to see what the Toyota leasing deals look like as this is the route Toyota have said they will be aiming to get people into the bZ range. 

I was thinking exactly the same, they want to lease these to breed confidence in the Battery technology 

• Like 1

Yes I guess if they let me PCP one for a similar price as I'm paying now I would consider it.

• Like 1