Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

BZ4 Prices 15th Dec

ernieb

That is how most new car purchases are these days, hardly anyone "buys" the car. With EV's, the worry for customers is Battery life/cost if they go wrong. You will see lots more opportunity to lease/hire/share cars in future, without the worry of repair bills 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 11:21 AM, Parts-King said:

That is how most new car purchases are these days, hardly anyone "buys" the car. With EV's, the worry for customers is battery life/cost if they go wrong. You will see lots more opportunity to lease/hire/share cars in future, without the worry of repair bills 

EVs will end up like a mobile phone, you'll lease/rent it for a fixed term and then give it back for the latest/better model!

It'll be interesting to see what the offers are next month when ordering is opened...

• Like 1

That's it exactly Bryan, BZ, = Beyond Zero, more than just a zero emissions car but a way of life where you can lease/hire/share to suit your lifestyle 

With PCP being nearly the same as a lease for many people (as they never plan to keep at the end of the contract) leasing directly from the manufacturer could be quite widespread in a few years time. When I was looking for a new car the only question I was asked was “what is your monthly budget?”  I doubt many people have “bought” a Jaguar IPace or Porsche Tycan , I’m guessing most will be PCP and change in 2/3 years 🤔

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

With PCP being nearly the same as a lease for many people (as they never plan to keep at the end of the contract) leasing directly from the manufacturer could be quite widespread in a few years time. When I was looking for a new car the only question I was asked was “what is your monthly budget?”  I doubt many people have “bought” a Jaguar IPace or Porsche Tycan , I’m guessing most will be PCP and change in 2/3 years 🤔

Not just new cars, I've got a colleague at work who gets a 18-24 month old Toyota and PCPs it for 3 years - then repeat!  He gets the benefit of a car in warranty (obviously now 10 years) and has a vehicle that he can afford.

Quite a few at work have purchased their Toyota cars from Cazoo etc due to the warranty being so good on Toyota's!

• Like 3

On 12/16/2021 at 1:27 PM, duncerduncs said:

Not just new cars, I've got a colleague at work who gets a 18-24 month old Toyota and PCPs it for 3 years - then repeat!  He gets the benefit of a car in warranty (obviously now 10 years) and has a vehicle that he can afford.

Quite a few at work have purchased their Toyota cars from Cazoo etc due to the warranty being so good on Toyota's!

Maybe Toyota will be offering leases on older, pre-leased, bZ cars to keep them within their control, take back at end of life and recycle 🤔😌

Yes, exactly, people won't buy older used cars thinking there will be Battery issues, but they will if the lease covers the cost or supplied as part of the agreement, it is coming, just like hire/share is coming 

• Like 2

or sell them at knock down prices like Nissan with older Leafs ? 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 4:30 PM, Roy124 said:

Looking at the Spec that equates to the Corolla means a no from me sadly. 

The base model would work for me feature-wise. The only reason I went for an Excel was because at the time it was the only way to get smart entry. I didn't want the rest of the stuff. Unfortunately that's still a bit steep for me plus the width will exacerbate the problem of getting in/out in my garage. I think it would still be possible and if the width is only at the wheel arches it wouldn't be a problem.

I might take a look in March in the hope of getting %0 interest and a good exchange on my Corolla.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I came across the US pricelist. BZ4x is much cheaper in the US than in UK or here in Denmark.

The most expensive model in the US with all wheel drive is 46.500$ = 36.200£. In Denmark it's even worse, the cheapest all whell drive version cost a whopping 52.000£

These huge differences, is that due to different taxes from one country to another, or are factory retail prices lost lower in some markets? Most countrys do have limited or no taxes then buying EV's, so differences should'nt be so huge. 

1 hour ago, nielshm said:

I came across the US pricelist. BZ4x is much cheaper in the US than in UK or here in Denmark.

The most expensive model in the US with all wheel drive is 46.500$ = 36.200£. In Denmark it's even worse, the cheapest all whell drive version cost a whopping 52.000£

These huge differences, is that due to different taxes from one country to another, or are factory retail prices lost lower in some markets? Most countrys do have limited or no taxes then buying EV's, so differences should'nt be so huge. 

US prices are always stated without any taxes. It doesn’t mean that the buyer doesn’t pay sales tax, and/or registration tax.

Furthermore, there will be an annual property tax on the car, most likely, depending on the state.

US tax system is very complex coupled with various Federal and State rebates/ tax offsets if you buy a Hybrid/PHEV/EV some of which are coupled to the volume of cars the manufacturer has sold.

In general uk car prices are high and does not represent good value for money new car purchases in comparison to other countries. This trend is since at least 8 years ago and worsened by at least around 20% since 2016 and Brexit. These are my personal observations, may not be exactly correct but something in that direction for sure. ↘️🔽👎📉

I used to think that but we actually have it real good compared to a lot of other countries, Germany, Japan and USA for starters!

While the initial cost may be cheaper, all the other crap they have to deal with throughout the life of the car actually makes it cheaper and less hassle here in the long run!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links