Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota yaris verso front fog lights

jononzie

may be a stupid question but I have just purchased a 2003 Toyota yaris verso but cant find the FRONT fog light switch, the rear fog light switch  is located on the left hand stalk but only operates the rear not the front?  even in the manual it just shows the rear fog light switch no mention of the front?  it has the lights at the front surely they wouldnt put fog light on that are not connected? any help would be most greatfull

jon

IIRC on the Mk1s, the fog light switch is a ring switch on the same stalk as the headlights - On my D4D you twisted it forward one click for the front fogs and a second click for front and rear, but not sure on the Verso.

Is it possible the bulbs have blown in them?

Also, what grade Yaris Verso do you have? With non-Verso Yaris Mk1s, with the  T-x named ones I think only the T-Spirit had front fogs; Not sure on S/GS/CDX etc. named ones.

If there is only 1 foglight click on the stalk, I'm wondering if they were fitted aftermarket?

Thanks for the reply yes only one fog light image on the stalk  (second ring fog switch) will only click forward once this activates the rear fog light only, front fog lights are fitted, passed an MOT last week (not by me)  but guessing front fog lights are not compulsory  so not tested, even the manual states rear fog lights nothing about front, my last verso 2001 had 2 switches one each for front and rear possible the one switch works both front and rear lights and both bulbs blown but thought uk law had to have independant front and rear operating fog lights?

• Like 1

Also on my 2003 Tsport the fogs switch is as described by Cyker so suspect they are the same.

I will have a better look tomorrow when I get in the car again and come back if it happens is indeed different.

😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Yaris verso electrics are more like the corolla the rear is on the stalk and the fronts on their own switch (A factory option back then)

IIRC it's beside the mirror switch/coin holder (h/light level switch on the other side of the mirror switch / coin holder)

eg.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115133639850?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Also on my 2003 Tsport the fogs switch is as described by Cyker so suspect they are the same.

I will have a better look tomorrow when I get in the car again and come back if it happens is indeed different.

😀

👍

13 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The Yaris verso electrics are more like the corolla the rear is on the stalk and the fronts on their own switch (A factory option back then)

IIRC it's beside the mirror switch/coin holder (h/light level switch on the other side of the mirror switch / coin holder)

eg.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115133639850?

Cheers but its not there see picture of mine

20211218_193328.jpg

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

thats the window switch, window lock out and lock/unlock switch

sorry took wrong photo,its blanked off where switch should be? also photo of lights stalk

20211218_194130.jpg

20211218_194158.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, I always wondered what that missing button on the panel was for, never thought it'd be for a front fog switch :laugh: 

It's so weird they had the double-ring switch for the normal Yaris but did it different for the Verso! :confused1:

Makes me wonder if those front fogs are even connected up! It may be the car had some front end damage and they replaced the bumper with one from a normal Yaris that had the fogs, as I believe they are the same...!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Wow, I always wondered what that missing button on the panel was for, never thought it'd be for a front fog switch :laugh: 

It's so weird they had the double-ring switch for the normal Yaris but did it different for the Verso! :confused1:

Makes me wonder if those front fogs are even connected up! It may be the car had some front end damage and they replaced the bumper with one from a normal Yaris that had the fogs, as I believe they are the same...!

That would  make a lot of sense there is  no AC on this model so must be a basic one and front fog lights would be a "luxury" item you live and learn lol, thanks for all the help and ideas guys

jon

Might be worth seeing if the connections are there one day, maybe you can add them with the switch panel! Toyota have a habit of putting in all the wiring and leaving it even if the accessory is not installed. When I took apart my Mk4's dash I found so many un-plugged connectors just hanging/cable-tied. Is a bit weird considering this is supposed to be the top-spec car, yet it still has so many missing potential accessories!!

sounds like a good idea iv seen you can buy a cheap swith of e bay for a tenner?

off corse making sure all the other componants are there to attach and work! lol