Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY22 Yaris announced.

Devon Aygo

Toyota UK announced details of the new MY22 Yaris.

High order rates mean MY21.5 production is near full so details of MY22 are now available.

Dynamic grade is fully subscribed no further orders will be accepted and is discontinued for MY22.

Exterior changes

• New Scorched orange colour option
  • New Ash Grey & Ash Grey bi-tone available ( GR Sport only )
  • Icon grade wheel changes from silver to chrome finish

Features

• On board Navigation now an option for Icon, Design & GR Sport
  • Smart Connect Navigation standard on Excel 
  • Parking pack ( sensors front & rear with auto brake ) optional on Design
  • Door trim Felt replaced by Fabric 

Grade line up

• Dynamic & Launch edition no longer available
  • GR Sport trim introduced

GR sport details

Exterior

• New Ash grey paint option exclusive to GR Sport
  • 18" Machined alloy wheels with red deco line
  • New front grille design with mesh finish
  • New rear diffuser design
  • GR Sport tuned suspension

Interior

• New fabric seat trim with red stitching
  • GR Sport logo on steering wheel, head rests, push start button & Combi meter
  • Instrument panel & door trim finisher in gun metal grey
  • Red stitching on steering wheel & shift knob

MY22 Sales & production commence April 22

• Like 2

Hopefully the smart connect navigation system will be available as an optional extra on the other grades.

• Like 1

The door trim has felt? I thought it was just textured/flocked card! :laugh:

I think fabric will probably be a quality improvement...!

Glad I got mine early now - dodged a bullet with these expensive subscription always-connected systems!

And I'm glad they are taking some things on board, with the availability of the all-around sensors in the design grade.

Any word on which models are keyless, and whether the HUD is still only an option on the Excel?

The GR trim is hilarious... 18" rims on a hybrid Yaris?! :laugh: The ride on that is going to be crippling and it'll probably add half a second to the 0-60 time!! Who is that even aimed at?? I'll be very interested to see the sales figures for that are (May be quite strong initially as people mistake it for an AWD GR4 and then realise it's an FWD hybrid :laugh: )

31 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Glad I got mine early now - dodged a bullet with these expensive subscription always-connected systems!

Any word on which models are keyless, and whether the HUD is still only an option on the Excel?

I saw the GR Sport press release had the HUD fitted in the photos so it's available on more then one model.

Toyota smart connect comes with 4 years subscription free with the new vehicle. 

I have similar Tom Tom live traffic in my Peugeot & it's extremely handy for avoiding traffic jams & notifying of speed cameras. 

10 hours ago, Cyker said:

The GR trim is hilarious... 18" rims on a hybrid Yaris?! :laugh: The ride on that is going to be crippling and it'll probably add half a second to the 0-60 time!! Who is that even aimed at?? I'll be very interested to see the sales figures for that are (May be quite strong initially as people mistake it for an AWD GR4 and then realise it's an FWD hybrid :laugh: )

So you are older than 18 afterall! As a teenager I used to subscribe to Car and Car Conversions, I reckon the GR sport as aimed at 65+. Most of us of that generation, if we could get in couldn’t get out again😆

In France, there’s a cult of what is called “tuning”. Basically, it’s a mildly tuned version, and more often than not a diesel version, of a run of the mill HB, think Golf, 205, 206, etc . With all the gofaster gear on them, spoilers, wider and bigger rims, lowered suspension, the works. Just for the look. The owners of these cars are nicknamed “Jacky” (short for Jacques).

The picture is one of the milder makeovers, if you want to see more do a search for "Jacky tuning"

hd-diapo-jacky-tuning---photos-de-créations-extrêmes-plus-ou-moins-réussies.jpg

Edited by Stopeter44
Add Jacky tuning picture
  • Haha 1

Does this mean that MY21.5 production finishes at the end of march? I've got a dynamic on order that had an ETA of April that has recently been pushed back to May.

45 minutes ago, TimChapman said:

Does this mean that MY21.5 production finishes at the end of march? I've got a dynamic on order that had an ETA of April that has recently been pushed back to May.

If the ETA is April, then the likely build month is March, or even February. I was on an ETA of December, then January, now back to December. My order was standing at "processing" for the best part of two months, and the build date didn't confirm until the end of November. Do you know where your Yaris is going to be built (FR or CZ) ? If it is CZ that will add a transfer from CZ to FR, IMO.

On 12/21/2021 at 9:16 AM, Stopeter44 said:

If the ETA is April, then the likely build month is March, or even February. I was on an ETA of December, then January, now back to December. My order was standing at "processing" for the best part of two months, and the build date didn't confirm until the end of November. Do you know where your Yaris is going to be built (FR or CZ) ? If it is CZ that will add a transfer from CZ to FR, IMO.

I've no idea if it's going to be built in FR or CZ, I can't even see it in My Toyota yet! - I have contacted Toyota Customer Relations and they have passed the request onto the dealer to ensure that it is setup correctly.

Assuming that MY21.5 production does finish at the end of march then I guess I'm looking at the the end of April/early May at the latest for delivery.

A fully loaded scorched orange bi tone GR Sport could be an ideal run about for me.

Lets see what the UK Yaris configurator brings / allows nearer the time. 

It's nice to see Toyota listen to customer feedback as well with the upcoming updates. 

1 hour ago, TimChapman said:

I've no idea if it's going to be built in FR or CZ, I can't even see it in My Toyota yet! - I have contacted Toyota Customer Relations and they have passed the request onto the dealer to ensure that it is setup correctly.

When it appears as "processing", it will indicate where it is to be built.

It will also be interesting what (and how) the specifications of the new (Yaris based) Mazda compare …

How do you register for MyToyota without a registration number and where can you see your order progress?

Thanks

Jonathan

2 hours ago, Jonathak56 said:

How do you register for MyToyota without a registration number and where can you see your order progress?

Thanks

Jonathan

Just use the same email account that used for your order with the dealer. Your order will show up sooner or later after that. I believe it is when your car has been allocated a build slot.

• Like 1

Interesting. If my delivery is due in June ( as advised by dealer ), does this mean it will be a MY22? It’s still “Order being processed” with no indication of where it will be built in MyT.

It's been allocated a build slot, but you can't see an approximate build date, unless you go looking at the data behind the My Toyota display (I call it "Status diving", if you do a search you'll find references to it in a long Yaris Cross thread). In it you will find "Aproximate delivery date" to dealer, and "approximate date" left factory. In my case the actual build date turned out to be 10 days +/- before the approximate left factory date. 

As to MY 21.5 or MY22, I have no idea.

That GR Sport looks nice... if i had any idea it was coming might have held back with the launch edition.

Does it? I couldn't tell any difference, aside from the 18" rims; Given how bad the 17's were compared 15's, I suspect the 18's will be spine-crippling! :laugh:  Does it have any special body kit like the old T-Sports did?

I just hope it has a wider colour choice than the Excel...!

• 1 month later...

I ordered a Yaris Hybrid Excel with Tech Pack in late October and have been quoted various delivery dates between April and June. Will I get the 21 or 22 model year? Is there any way I can ensure it's the latter? And would there be any additional charge?

You would get a 22 plate if it's registered after 1st March 22 , I just ordered a Yaris and hot the  same time frame for delivery slots...

Mo

22 hours ago, Mow said:

You would get a 22 plate if it's registered after 1st March 22 , I just ordered a Yaris and hot the  same time frame for delivery slots...

Mo

If it's a matter of a week or 2 you can ask the dealer to hold the car to make sure it's on a 22 plate

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/yaris-gr-sport/comment-page-1/

22 hours ago, MarkBUK said:

I ordered a Yaris Hybrid Excel with Tech Pack in late October and have been quoted various delivery dates between April and June. Will I get the 21 or 22 model year? Is there any way I can ensure it's the latter? And would there be any additional charge?

I get the feeling the 22 on the number plate isn't the question being asked.

Mark is trying to find out if the Yaris ordered back in October 2021 will show up on delivery as a 21.5 model year OR the newer 22 model year.

1 hour ago, forkingabout said:

I get the feeling the 22 on the number plate isn't the question being asked.

Mark is trying to find out if the Yaris ordered back in October 2021 will show up on delivery as a 21.5 model year OR the newer 22 model year.

Yes, that's it. I'm trying to ensure I get the 22 model year, because it has wireless Android Auto, integral navigation and better door trims. Will I get that or not? And can I ensure I do in some way? Also any price difference?

On 1/30/2022 at 8:24 PM, MarkBUK said:

I'm trying to ensure I get the 22 model year, because it has wireless Android Auto, integral navigation and better door trims. 

Where did you get that info?

11 hours ago, baxuz said:

Where did you get that info?

It's in the first post in this thread, differences in 22MY cars.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links