Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine swaps

Michael228890

Anyone know what engines will swap into a 1.4 auris petrol 2010 model 

it’s 97 bhp lookin for that bit more 

was thing the 1.8 engine but idk if it will fit 

Depends on how much money you want to throw at it!

The most powerful stock engines for the Auris that I'm aware of in this country are the 1.6VVTi and the 1.2 turbo.

I'm sure it's possible to fit e.g. the 1.8VVTL-i from the Corolla T-Sport, and even sportier engines, but you'd likely need some custom fabrication and maybe some ECU bodging to get everything to talk to each other...

Sell it and buy a faster car. 

You wont get much from putting a bit bigger engine, just wasted time.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, furtula said:

Sell it and buy a faster car. 

You wont get much from putting a bit bigger engine, just wasted time.

Plus one, those are my sentiments too.

• Like 3

I remember all the toil and trouble of taking engines out/in, and that was in the days when engines were easy to work on.               
Unless you have loads of time on your hands, good prepared work area, lots of patience, pocketful of money to throw at potential problems……. Forget it. sell and buy another.

• Like 3

Seems like a mad and pointless thing to do really. 

a 2010 auris isn’t worth that much, so that suggests you don’t have the budget to buy something newer so why waste money on an engine swap? If it’s even possible.

if you want more poke you could sell the auris and get a clio sport or something.

I have the 1.8 hybrid and it’s not fast, so if you go to all the hassle of putting a 1.8 in you will be disappointed.

I’ve just come from a bmw 130i with 267bhp - trust me you don’t get to use speed on roads nowadays so stick with your stock auris and enjoy it for what it is, a reliable and comfortable A to B car. 

• Like 4

If you're still on your N plates, insurance will be sky-high as it's classed as a modified car and i know premiums over there are ridiculous anyway

a swap is the easy part, it's the electrics that are the hard part even more so if you have zero knowledge of the systems It's not as simple plug and play

10 hours ago, Steven83 said:

I have the 1.8 hybrid and it’s not fast, so if you go to all the hassle of putting a 1.8 in you will be disappointed.

To be fair the 1.8 in the hybrids isn't really a 1.8, it's more like a 1.4 or 1.5 due to how the atkinson/miller-cycle works.

The 1.8 VVTL-i in the old Corolla T-Sports is nothing like that engine - It's like a space shuttle solid rocket booster by comparison :laugh: 

The engine swap is up to the OP - If it's for economical reasons then yeah, not really worth it, but if it's for fun or a learning project then could be quite instructive, if frustrating!

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

To be fair the 1.8 in the hybrids isn't really a 1.8, it's more like a 1.4 or 1.5 due to how the atkinson/miller-cycle works.

The 1.8 VVTL-i in the old Corolla T-Sports is nothing like that engine - It's like a space shuttle solid rocket booster by comparison :laugh: 

The engine swap is up to the OP - If it's for economical reasons then yeah, not really worth it, but if it's for fun or a learning project then could be quite instructive, if frustrating!

Fair enough 😀 🚀 

On 12/21/2021 at 11:56 AM, Stivino said:

Plus one, those are my sentiments too.

+ 1