Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yellow ABS light comes on randomly?

TheCBDAddict

Ive noticed sometimes my ABS and traction light will turn on during some journeys. A quick restart of the ignition and the light will be gone.

is this something i should be concerned about

i cant seem to recreate it, how might i do that?

2017 yaris with only 20k miles

Hi, you likely have a stored fault codes that can point you to the right direction finding the problem and what caused them to come on. You can visit a dealer, independent garage for check or use obd2 scanner and app on your phone, do your own diagnostic. Carista or obd link lx are both latest and greatest scanners for a car diy mechanic. If your car is a hybrid and the abs light come on and stay on better not to drive the car for a long time. 👍

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, you likely have a stored fault codes that can point you to the right direction finding the problem and what caused them to come on. You can visit a dealer, independent garage for check or use obd2 scanner and app on your phone, do your own diagnostic. Carista or obd link lx are both latest and greatest scanners for a car diy mechanic. If your car is a hybrid and the abs light come on and stay on better not to drive the car for a long time. 👍

Thank you.

Is there anyway for me to view the codes myself and google them?

the car isnt a hybrid. Is it safe to drive provided i can get the light to turn off with restarting the ignition?

Don’t know if this applies to 2017 model but we had intermittent ABS Light On fault with our 2005 model. Same fault happened years apart. Ours was caused by brake pedal switch, believe it or not. It has 2 sets of contacts, a heavy duty pair with no doubt operates the brake lights, and a low current pair which I presume connects to the ABS. It would seem the ABS ECU monitors both signals, as the failure of the low current set causes the ABS light to come on.

The problem both times was the grease inside the switch. It seems to dry out then obstruct the sliding contacts from making a circuit. Pulled the switch apart and cleaned the hardened grease out with old toothbrush and turps. No problem since.

Not the first time we’ve had electrical contacts issues with our Vitz. Parking light switch had the same dirty contacts problem.

Ive noticed it comes on after hard braking. But its immediately gone after restarting the ignition

Does abs and triangle lights just flashes and goes off again or comes on and stays on until you restart the car? You may just have warning for slipping of the tyres and that’s all or if the lights stays on the dash then there is something wrong. First thing to do is to check brak fluid level and all 4 wheels for any brake fluid leaks. 
👍

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Does abs and triangle lights just flashes and goes off again or comes on and stays on until you restart the car? You may just have warning for slipping of the tyres and that’s all or if the lights stays on the dash then there is something wrong. First thing to do is to check brak fluid level and all 4 wheels for any brake fluid leaks. 
👍

It comes on and stays on until i restart the ignition.

i was able to recreate the ABS light with sharp braking until this evening.

now the brake lights arnt even turning on. 

back to the dealership….

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links