Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Auris Rear bumper

Fredde

Hi!

My car was hit by another car somehow and trashed my rear bumper 😭insurence company dont want to pay anything due to lack of withness..(nobody saw anything)🤔😐

How do i remove it..i know there are 4 screws in the hatch way and some push pins in each wheel well,..but are there other screws hidden somewhere??

Thanx in advance 👍IMG_20211218_111424.thumb.jpg.05c058df8f9927d058b65f88e4c72447.jpg

Usually once you undo the screws, rest is hold by clips, and needs some force if it was never removed.

Easiest thing is to find a used bumper for sale, and see where are the screw slots, sometimes they are also under the light cluster.

A quick check shows there are only those 4 screws you mentioned.

There is a large plastic bumper engagement/retaining clip, as per this picture:-

P1130471.thumb.JPG.4f503691c898fc44100bc92207377d21.JPG

The bumper detaches from this by pulling the bumper firmly away from the body, in the same approximate plane as the wheel axles.  It will make quite a noise as it disconnects from the clip. From memory, you can lift it away from the wheel arch end, almost as if you were peeling it up. 

It makes for an easier life if you have a second person to hold the part-detached bumper whilst the other side is dealt with, not forgetting disconnecting the parking sensor cables and number plate lights (where relevant).

The estate (yours?) looks like this:-

IMG_20180913_111610010_HDR.thumb.jpg.c7dd8c7964debe1ca57881c89516e2ed.jpg

IMG_20180913_111615156_HDR.thumb.jpg.b896b9cfc13f4f699347e9634009a18d.jpg

IMG_20180913_111623927.thumb.jpg.3bcb9c0a2fc94b03b15a923ededfd6d8.jpg

Thanx so so much for info 👍🙏

Now i feel confident in replacing it myself 😎

Only need to gather som 💰💰💰

to afford  to replace it + have it painted in the right color 😁

//Fredde

When replacing, put a blanket or something under the car, at some point you might need to set it down, or one side might just drop, so not to scratch it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fredde said:

Thanx so so much for info 👍🙏

Now i feel confident in replacing it myself 😎

Only need to gather som 💰💰💰

to afford  to replace it + have it painted in the right color 😁

//Fredde

I’d be having a good look to see if there is one available in the same colour first. might need to travel or get it shipped but could be cheaper in the long run. 

it may not colour match 100% but neither would a respray, so getting one the correct colour will probably save more money and time overall. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links