Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Cross

FROSTYBALLS

Very good video.  Interesting that they have more or less retained the Corolla steering wheel whereas I feel the Yaris Cross is easier with more feel on the switches. 

One feature that I find better on the Yaris Cross is the flat load bay with additional space below. 

I also like the smaller size on the YC over the Corolla so the CC is likely to be even larger. 

The main difference for buyers is the CC is a family SUV whereas the YC perhaps more suited to the grand parents. 

• Like 1

Where does the CC leave the CHR and Rav4?

Roy, having both a Yaris & Corolla, I actually prefer the Corolla steering wheel. I feel the quality is much better.

I hate to say it but I think it's uglier than both the YC and the RAV.  I dont like its massive downturned mouth

Looking at the Toyota Germany site https://www.toyota.de/neuwagen, it seems they have the CC listed and on the Danish site accepting orders.

The pricing for Germany puts it similar to the RAV4, so may not be a direct competitor to the CH-R.

50 minutes ago, Kental said:

Roy, having both a Yaris & Corolla, I actually prefer the Corolla steering wheel. I feel the quality is much better.

Current C-HR is due for replacement in the near future.

Corolla Cross is aimed at families where the C-HR isn't.

24 minutes ago, FreddoChoc said:

The pricing for Germany puts it similar to the RAV4, so may not be a direct competitor to the CH-R.

Toyota intended the Corolla Cross to fit between the C-HR and the Rav4.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Toyota intended the Corolla Cross to fit between the C-HR and the Rav4.

That's exactly why I'm waiting for it. Rav too big for us, C-HR too small. The German reviewer certainly liked it. Hoping it's that good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yugguy1970 said:

I hate to say it but I think it's uglier than both the YC and the RAV.  I dont like its massive downturned mouth

Mate. I could take that personally!

Victor-Meldrew.jpg

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Kental said:

Horses and that. 

I think the switchology down by the shift still sucks and the Corolla Cross seems better in that respect. 

On the CC the heated steering wheel switch is on the same plane as the heated seats.  Why is the YC heated wheel switch down below with a switch blank where the seat switches are? 

It seems like a very good car and particularly the improvements over current Corolla, especially road noise. The English guy pointed that too. I would still prefer my favourite of all Corolla trek, not available anymore. 

3 hours ago, doorknobs said:

Mate. I could take that personally!

Victor-Meldrew.jpg

Looking at that picture, it would appear that you are in the correct thread!

On 10/12/2022 at 6:21 PM, TonyHSD said:

It seems like a very good car and particularly the improvements over current Corolla, especially road noise. The English guy pointed that too. I would still prefer my favourite of all Corolla trek, not available anymore. 

I'm going to look at a 2022 Trek on Tuesday,  I've a 2020 Touring Sport and am thinking of it but because its no longer available will that affect future value?

47 minutes ago, Fjrden said:

I'm going to look at a 2022 Trek on Tuesday,  I've a 2020 Touring Sport and am thinking of it but because its no longer available will that affect future value?

I don’t know tbh if will effect future value, perhaps will depend on used car prices in general. What I know is that Corolla Trek 2022 is the best estate Corolla to buy right now and if I really need a new car and have £32k cash this is the car I will buy in a heartbeat. Looks good, slightly higher off the ground therefore easy in and out, has all the goodies and you don’t see them on every corner like icon ones and Uber drivers. Automatic tailgate too. 

624CD6A8-E611-4330-8F23-E6B03BC9D2AB.jpeg

E50B3244-D486-4897-8D7D-8B8F8664904D.jpeg

Depends but I would imagine it would improve future value somewhat as it will be a rare trim. It's like how the Mk1 Yaris D4D is surprisingly expensive, and the ones with traction control are too as hardly anyone specced those so they're rare as heck and command more money.

The Corolla Cross has been completely removed from the Toyota UK website and my local dealer is suggesting we won't see it here in its current form.

The Corolla Cross has been recently updated in the USA and Japan, maybe the UK will get that?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, duncerduncs said:

The Corolla Cross has been completely removed from the Toyota UK website and my local dealer is suggesting we won't see it here in its current form.

The Corolla Cross has been recently updated in the USA and Japan, maybe the UK will get that?

If it's anything like other Toyota models in the UK they are probably stripping off numerous options

• Sad 1

It does seem strange that other manufacturers “up” the spec for the UK while Toyota seem to lower it. My Excel has a number of things missing that were in the 2019 brochure.

• Like 2

On 10/20/2022 at 8:06 AM, Dylanfan said:

It does seem strange that other manufacturers “up” the spec for the UK while Toyota seem to lower it. My Excel has a number of things missing that were in the 2019 brochure.

This is happening when the country is getting poorer and the local currency loose it’s buying power. 15 years ago England had the best car specs from the whole Europe. German cars in England were much better equipped in equivalent of their German market like for like. The pound was strong and was getting you much better value for money deals in any products but especially in the cars. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

18 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

This is happening when the country is getting poorer and the local currency loose it’s buying power. 15 years ago England had the best car specs from the whole Europe. German cars in England were much better equipped in equivalent of their German market like for like. The pound was strong and was getting you much better value for money deals in any products but especially in the cars. 

That makes sense Tony

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, FreddoChoc said:

Just when does Autumn end.

22 December?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreddoChoc said:

both engine versions except for Israel and Turkey

"1.8-litre version initially only available in Israel and Turkey"

I'm reading this as 1.8 will not be available in other countries. I may be wrong (?)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links