Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aftermarket speed limiter for 68 plate Yaris Hybrid

TonyLinde

First time here. I've just bought a 68 plate Yaris Hybrid (love it) and was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to get an aftermarket speed limiter fitted (one where I can set/change the speed), and if so, if anyone can recommend a reliable brand & fitter? I'm in the East Midlands if any local firms do them.

Many thanks.

Why do you need one ? Do you have cruise control on the car ? Depending on the model, they came with one as standard, the car may have RSA too

• Like 1

I have a 2016 Yaris Hybrid (Icon).  It has cruise control but no speed limiter. Non hybrid models have speed limiters but I believe there are technical reasons why hybrids aren't fitted with them.  Its a pity because I would use a speed limiter much more than cruise control.

• Like 2

As above but a 2018. When I bought it I just assumed cruise control would have a limit function and it annoys me every time I drive it. 😡

2 hours ago, HughA said:

are technical reasons why hybrids aren't fitted with them.

As cruise control is OK I'm struggling to think of a reason a limiter wouldn't be. 🤔

• Like 1

My Prius has cruise control AND speed limiter. Used them both today, but not at the same time 😊

• Like 2

Thanks, all. I do have cruise control but, driving in the UK, find it not of much use. I only discovered speed limiters when my wife got one on her previous car and, for me, find it much more useful. I'd happily sacrifice the cruise control for limiter function.

The speed limiter is on the end of the stalk or in the case of the 2nd face lift Yaris it's on the steering wheel but not the hybrid, I would have to look at Techstream to see if it is possible to add it, and whether it's just a case of changing the Cruise control stalk idk

• Like 1

The Mk4 Yaris Hybrid has both Cruise Control AND Speed Limiter fitted.

• Like 2

On 12/22/2021 at 6:15 PM, TonyLinde said:

Thanks, all. I do have cruise control but, driving in the UK, find it not of much use. I only discovered speed limiters when my wife got one on her previous car and, for me, find it much more useful. I'd happily sacrifice the cruise control for limiter function.

I agree about the practicality and usefulness of cruise control in this country. The only time I've used mine is to make sure it still works!

I don't use the "speed limiter" either and tend to rely on my right foot for that.:laugh: Although it could possibly prove useful in certain scenarios.

I find the cruise control particularly useful on the mk3 Yaris Hybrid.

It's not as good as the adaptive cruise on newer cars, but, because it can also slow the car down using the regen, it'll hold speed down hills, and can be used to decelerate for speed limit changes, often with a tap on the brake just to show anyone following that I'm slowing before knocking CC back on.

Even cutting around town, 30 zones etc. work well on the cruise control, especially as the stalk is easily accessible.

• Like 1

The radar cruise in the Mk4 is awesome - Whenever I get bored of driving I just turn it on :laugh: 

Is great for the more boring bits of the motorway and, surprisingly, in-town traffic jams!

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links