Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Seats

Trewithy

I had a 12 mile journey this morning and as it was cold I switched my heated seat to the low position.  On the return journey I was aware that the seat wasn't being heated and then I notice the switch had reverted to the off position.  Is this something that normally happens when you power off?  I don't use the heated seats often so I am unaware of its operating intricacies.  

4 minutes ago, Trewithy said:

I had a 12 mile journey this morning and as it was cold I switched my heated seat to the low position.  On the return journey I was aware that the seat wasn't being heated and then I notice the switch had reverted to the off position.  Is this something that normally happens when you power off?  I don't use the heated seats often so I am unaware of its operating intricacies.  

I`ll wager that your Handbook knows Kevin.

Mine is still in the ‘on’position the next day when I get car out of garage in morning. The wife always has it on from the previous day but think she has it on the high setting 

No, they don't switch to the off position, it has to be turned off manually 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john p williams said:

I`ll wager that your Handbook knows Kevin.

Nope .... all it says, when you have looked for 'seat heaters' and not 'heated seats' is below.

Seat heaters
Front
Turns seat heaters on/off
1 High temperature
2 Low temperature
When the seat heater is on, the indica-
tor illuminates on the seat heater
switch.
When not in use, put the switch in the
neutral position. The indicator will turn off.

• Like 1

It has no automatic function, it has to be turned on/off, as per handbook instruction lol 

• Like 1

I often knock the heated seat switch with my phone as I drop it onto the shelf...maybe you did same?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know someone who sat with heated seats on and air-conditioning on cold with engine off , and wondered why Battery died.

I advised them that maybe a bus would be more suitable for them in future 😄.

Of course I realize that this is not your scenario at all , and only popped in for a true story to amuse hopefully.😊

• Haha 1

heated seats are on relays so will turn off with the ignition if the switches are momentary (one press for low, 2 for high) it should reset to off after a key cycle - unless there is a option in the climate control to change its state

if its a latching switch it will stay in what ever you left it on unless the thermostat has reset

Edit. Heated seats and wheel are controlled by the HVAC system

11 hours ago, trashman1965 said:

I often knock the heated seat switch with my phone as I drop it onto the shelf...maybe you did same?

I normally put a bunch of keys there.  I have checked the switch and it takes very little pressure to return it to the off position so I guess I inadvertently switched it off.