Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 67 plate console not working

Andy_77

Hello,

First time poster hoping for some help.  I've got a 67 plate 1.2 petrol Auris (Excel) and the console (so sat nav/radio/reversing camera) doesn't boot up.  It stays on the Toyota logo and every few minutes tries to boot up again to no avail.  

I'm not sure if it is a software or hardware, but the fact the logo shows makes me believe it is software.  It was problematic for a few weeks rebooting randomly but always restarting, however a couple of weeks ago I stalled and it has never booted back up.  I disconnected the Battery for about 30 minutes the same night to see if it'll reset but no luck.

I've got someone who'll be able to look at it next week with an Autel MK908P, which he thinks he can do an update or programming with, but he's never used it for that as of yet.  If all else fails I've got it booked into Toyota in early January.

I just wondered if anyone has had this problem and has resolved it or if it is only a main dealer thing.

Many thanks

Probably leave it for Toyota to sort rather than get your friend to try as if there is an issue it should be covered by warranty. Wouldn’t want your friend to invalidate warranty if it causes further issues.

The scan tool will not do a thing, sounds like it has died/dying, I don't think the radio is covered under warranty after 3 years

dealers do not have the facilities to program or diag a faulty unit, first thing I would do is unplug the sat nav module and see if the DA boots, as a faulty nav will throw it into a boot loop

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

The scan tool will not do a thing, sounds like it has died/dying, I don't think the radio is covered under warranty after 3 years

dealers do not have the facilities to program or diag a faulty unit, first thing I would do is unplug the sat nav module and see if the DA boots, as a faulty nav will throw it into a boot loop

Cheers, I think you're probably right and it is a goner - I think I'll probably have a butchers on fleabay or one of the breakers sites for a reconditioned / second hand unit and find a local auto sparky to fit it.

pop the radio out and unplug the nav module (not forgetting to plug the usb into the DA from the nav) at least you have a radio/media player if it works

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/49e045e9-3c4a-4b52-9cf3-d64333e118d7/Auris_RHD_T2wGP_PZ490_00334_AIM_003_402_0.pdf

Australian corolla (basically an Auris)

16 hours ago, flash22 said:

I'd be surprised if that were the case? Last time I looked into it the warranty in years 4-5 covered everything that was covered in years 1-3. Perhaps the radio is a specific exclusion, but I've even had pieces of trim replaced on a 4+ year old Avensis under warranty.

21 hours ago, flash22 said:

pop the radio out and unplug the nav module (not forgetting to plug the usb into the DA from the nav) at least you have a radio/media player if it works

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/49e045e9-3c4a-4b52-9cf3-d64333e118d7/Auris_RHD_T2wGP_PZ490_00334_AIM_003_402_0.pdf

Australian corolla (basically an Auris)

Cracking - many thanks, that's my Boxing Day morning project sorted!

23 hours ago, Chriss27 said:

Probably leave it for Toyota to sort rather than get your friend to try as if there is an issue it should be covered by warranty. Wouldn’t want your friend to invalidate warranty if it causes further issues.

Cheers, he is a mechanic, not one I've used but the local Facebook group rave about him.  I didn't think the warranty would cover audio after three years?  I have heard tale that Toyota really kick up a stink arguing the toss.

If it's a dealer starting with a J located near 2 corners, Good luck

Toyota have change their terms, but i don't know if affects older cars, new cars get 3 years or 60K miles after that it is now under Toyota relax warranty as of 1st June 2021

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/toyota-warranty-how-it-works/

relax warranty

https://www.toyota.co.uk/download/cms/gben/Toyota Relax TCs - 25.05.21_tcm-3060-2286757.pdf

but there is no real info for cars with the original 5 year warranty

45 minutes ago, flash22 said:

If it's a dealer starting with a J located near 2 corners, Good luck

Toyota have change their terms, but i don't know if affects older cars, new cars get 3 years or 60K miles after that it is now under Toyota relax warranty as of 1st June 2021

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/toyota-warranty-how-it-works/

relax warranty

https://www.toyota.co.uk/download/cms/gben/Toyota Relax TCs - 25.05.21_tcm-3060-2286757.pdf

but there is no real info for cars with the original 5 year warranty

That's a bit of a trek for me, it'll be a B in Maidstone and Gillingham, I've only used them for the four year service so can't really comment on how good/bad they'll be with fiddly things like this.  I'm not too fussed about the cost, I just need it sorted.  The annoying thing was I booked it with a local firm on Monday to install a Pioneer SPH-EVO62DAB, checked with them on Friday that they've got everything they needed after several phone calls and pictures being sent, I even offered to bring the car in ahead of time before so they could properly look at it, but that apparently wasn't necessary.  Of course an hour after dropping it off on Monday I got a call..."errr...sorry we can't get the facia to fit, so we can't install it" meaning I'm back to square one.

I have got a couple of irons in the fire with replacement units on-line, so I'll probably use the above quick fix by disconnecting the sat nav and get a decent auto sparky to fit the recon unit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links