Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice about options please - about to pay for my Rav4 tomorrow on PCP

nbn

Evening,

First time poster. About to pay the deposit fee for a 2WD Rav 4 2022 Excel trim tomorrow (Tokyo Red with beige interior). Only option we have gone with other than the panoramic roof is the front and rear dashcams. The dealer is offering ceramic finish and some paint / stone chip protection (two separate packages). Are these essential as they would take the monthly above our maximum ceiling that we want to pay.

Also do i have any choice on what tyres it comes with or is it just pot luck with what brand you end up with?

Also is it advisable to take out a fixed price servicing plan? 

Thanks in advance.

As regards the ceramic paint finish and stone chip protection, it is your choice - if you don't want it, don't have it.

Tyres - no you don't have a choice of what tyres the car comes with. Bear in mind that UK Rav4's are manufactured in Japan. Most manufacturers have contracts with more than one tyre manufacturer for each model, partly to ensure continuation of supply.

Whether or not you go for a service plan is, again, your choice. Two common benefits of a service plan is that you spread the cost of servicing over the period of the plan, and you fix the service prices to those current at the start of the plan - which may avoid any price rises in the future. The cost of a service plan can also be negotiable, and you can include additional items such as MOT costs, etc (depending how long your PCP is for, whether you're likely to buy the vehicle at the end of the PCP, and so on). 

There was a recent topic on service plans - 

I would also recommend shop/compare prices online. I got nearly %5 discount using carwow. Someome extra options might also be higher price at the dealer.  I added GAP insurance when I ordered my car from the dealer and I found out It was much cheaper through other insurers.. I called the dealer and cancelled straight away

21 minutes ago, atartan said:

I would also recommend shop/compare prices online. I got nearly %5 discount using carwow. Someome extra options might also be higher price at the dealer.  I added GAP insurance when I ordered my car from the dealer and I found out It was much cheaper through other insurers.. I called the dealer and cancelled straight away

For my C-HR I used Carwow to get a better price from my local dealer, but to be honest it want much and this time I just negotiated on the extras such as wheel and tyre cover etc. 

I had previously shopped elsewhere for gap insurance, I certainly wouldn't be without on a PCP deal, however the sales guy pointed out that the Toyota insurance is reform to invoice for the duration of the insurance. This means that if the car was written off after 3 years I'd get the full price that I paid for the car, rather than just typing up to market value. You pays your money..... 

I no longer bother with dealer supplied paint finishes as I've had some pretty mixed results in the past. I just do my own thing once the car is a few months old and the paint fully hardened off.  I also found that these coatings are negotiable if you really want them the margins are very high. 

As my car is a cash buy I did opt for the 5 year service plan, fixed cost spread over 5 years what's not to like. My dealer is part of a large group so the service can be performed at any of the dealerships that's convenient to me at the time.

I've always declined the GardX previously but had it this time and was quite pleased with the finish. You can get it done later by a 3rd party or there are some proprietary DIY products available to achieve similar.

I also took the Club Smart which is basically an insurance for minor scrapes and dents plus small alloy damage. It's unlimited home repairs for a fixed cost of £20 a time or an annual service visit for £50 to repair all the little bits of damage. Maybe not a bad idea to preserve value at the end of the PCP contract. Unfortunately, I've already got quite a bad scuff which I've no idea where it came from (on the top of the panel that houses the front grille just above and to the right of the Toyota badge) so I'll see if it was worthwhile after Christmas when I get them out.

Each to their own on the value of these. I can't say what I actually paid because it was listed at full price on the order but the discount was included in the overall dealer discount figure. Again, it might be cheaper or at least take it off your monthly payment if you take this out direct. I think it is Car Plan that administer it. Try googling it!

Deposit paid for my Rav4, Sep/Oct 2022 delivery date. Used Carwow offer and got dealership to match it. Was quite lucky as Toyota increase the price of the 2WD Rav4 today. Only reason i know that is that my Carwow quotes which were valid till december 31st suddenly all expired and the Carwow webiste had a message that i need to reconfigure the car as Toyota have changed the price or something to that affect. When i did re-configure i could see the RRP of the car had increased. Apparently the AWD Rav4 RRP increased on Dec 15th. Which is a shame as there was a slight possibly before it went up that i could have got the AWD, but its no big deal.

I didnt go for the GuardX finish or Club Smart, but may look at the latter again before the car is delivered. I had a monthly and deposit amount i was determined not to exceed and i didnt. Now September cant come soon enough. Im also liking the new designed front grill and LED lights for the 2022 facelift.

27 minutes ago, nbn said:

Deposit paid for my Rav4, Sep/Oct 2022 delivery date. Used Carwow offer and got dealership to match it. Was quite lucky as Toyota increase the price of the 2WD Rav4 today. Only reason i know that is that my Carwow quotes which were valid till december 31st suddenly all expired and the Carwow webiste had a message that i need to reconfigure the car as Toyota have changed the price or something to that affect. When i did re-configure i could see the RRP of the car had increased. Apparently the AWD Rav4 RRP increased on Dec 15th. Which is a shame as there was a slight possibly before it went up that i could have got the AWD, but its no big deal.

I didnt go for the GuardX finish or Club Smart, but may look at the latter again before the car is delivered. I had a monthly and deposit amount i was determined not to exceed and i didnt. Now September cant come soon enough. Im also liking the new designed front grill and LED lights for the 2022 facelift.

If you had gone for the AWD and the sun roof with the Tokyo red you would have been over the £40k threshold for the extra VED tax, so just as well you didn't, this is applied to the list price at the time of registration and not when you ordered it.

The list price has the VED at £210 and the registration fee £55 removed from the list OTR price.

Thank you for pointing that out. Didn't occur to me. Well that makes me feel better about not getting AWD.

8 hours ago, nlee said:

I also took the Club Smart

If it is Toyota SMART Cover, this is underwritten by Red Sands Insurance and Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance UK Ltd (who also underwrite Toyota Motor Insurance), and managed by Autoprotect (MB) Ltd

20 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

If it is Toyota SMART Cover, this is underwritten by Red Sands Insurance and Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance UK Ltd (who also underwrite Toyota Motor Insurance), and managed by Autoprotect (MB) Ltd

I just looked at that and it seems very similar but a different product. It looks like the dealer/franchise I bought from must use a different scheme. I got the name wrong though, it was Club Smart Guard and it's administered by Car Care Plan. I can't see if says it is something you can purchase individually or at any time. The product brochure is attached if it helps anyone make a decision if this is what is being sold.

10345_ClubSmartGuard_Membership_Document_Aug19_Final.pdf