Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

X-touch not switching to reverse camera

GunbleR

Hello. 

Got Citroen c1 2017(aka toyota aygo) with 86140-0h010 x-touch toyota multimedia. After replacing Battery, x-touch system no longer switching to reverse camera.

Checked the reverse pin in connector, and it does recieve 12v on reverse, under-dash fuses are good and reverse light is working. I believe the camera is stock, but cant be sure.

Any ideas what can cause/solve this problem?

Do you get a black screen or nothing ? Check the camera is getting its 6 volts in reverse

Nothing changed on screen, i could operate it normally. Tried to find soft toggle for camera in HU, did not found

You can do a camera and reverse check in the hidden menu

Press and hold the lower button (physical button) and turn the lights on and off 3 times (or until the menu comes up)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,
I have similar problem with my aygo its not switching to camera , want to measure the reverse signal 12v but which pin to test?

As above, run the test in the hidden service menu  iirc its under function tests on page 2 (top right)

• 1 month later...

Finally got to this friend's car. In hidden menu, Vehicle signal does register reverse gear, but no second page in function check. 

I will try to measure 6v and splice rca to see image on external tv 

20220214_180652.jpg

Edit. 

I do get 6v out on hu and camera shows on external tv. I'm thinking about upgrading firmware to HU manually. Any suggestions? 

IMG-20220214-WA0010.thumb.jpg.0fb0089b250d30348cd9781afa4a7877.jpg

Edited by GunbleR

On 1/9/2022 at 5:01 AM, vol said:

Hi,
I have similar problem with my aygo its not switching to camera , want to measure the reverse signal 12v but which pin to test?

1615184260_Screenshot_20220214-192838_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.adf17ddb28aca60ed23bcb79b181641e.jpg

If i remember correctly, it means "look from the back", so it may be pin #2

Also, i had reverse indication on black wire(originally -6v according to aftermarket adapters) in camera connector, when it was disconnected from HU.

when connected to hu, hu forced 0v onto it

click on "Vehicle Signal" in that hidden menu, the HU may not be getting a reverse signal or correct waveform from the camera

The camera looks to have moisture ingress (common) - replace the camera

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links