Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Upgrade to BI LED

rkovacec

Hi,

2 months ago i bought a Corolla TS 2.0 in Style trim which had a multi led headlights. Style trim is a package defined in Croatia, just bellow GRsport trim. To be honest, i did not pay any attention to headlights when i was reading all brochures, forums checking pictures. After I receive my Corolla i did not pay any attention to headlights until i saw Corolla with multi led on road with daylights turned on. Ok, it looks ugly. Really ugly. It looks similar like Renault Clio from 2016. 

Multi led headlights on my Corolla has a 6pin connector, OEM codes for EU Corolla are 81110-02S60 and 81150-02S60. BI LED headlights has also a 6pin connector i also checked that wiring harness for Style and GRsport is completely same. OEM codes for BI LED are 81110-02S70 and 81150-02S70.

Is it possible to make a simply upgrade to BI LED in this way:

1. Disconnect plug connector from multi led headlight

2. Replace multi led with BI LED headlight

3. Connect plug connector to BI LED

4. Press start and drive..

So, simple plug'n'play upgrade.

Third type of headlight is BI LED projector with OEM codes 81110-02S80 which is not possible to upgrade whitout changing wiring harness and ECU reprogramming.

Even if i could go backwards in time, i would not order GRsport trim cause it is cca 3000€ more expensive then Style trim. 

Regards

Who would have known about that particular matter, perhaps only one who had went through that route previously, not sure if anyone here has done this change. Is it worth upgrade to bi led from standard led? , most likely not even if it’s plug and play game only. Imo if you can cancel your order and order a top spec car that comes originally with the lights of your choice instead might be a wiser decision. Good luck 👍

If you make the change, it wouldn't be covered under the new car warranty. Parts would be covered by the 12 month parts/accessory warranty, but not the installation. You would have to inform your insurer of the modification as it is a change in specification to the Style. Whether or not they accept the modification or charge an additional premium is down to them.

On 12/23/2021 at 12:11 PM, rkovacec said:

Hi,

2 months ago i bought a Corolla TS 2.0 in Style trim which had a multi led headlights. Style trim is a package defined in Croatia, just bellow GRsport trim. To be honest, i did not pay any attention to headlights when i was reading all brochures, forums checking pictures. After I receive my Corolla i did not pay any attention to headlights until i saw Corolla with multi led on road with daylights turned on. Ok, it looks ugly. Really ugly. It looks similar like Renault Clio from 2016. 

Multi led headlights on my Corolla has a 6pin connector, OEM codes for EU Corolla are 81110-02S60 and 81150-02S60. BI LED headlights has also a 6pin connector i also checked that wiring harness for Style and GRsport is completely same. OEM codes for BI LED are 81110-02S70 and 81150-02S70.

Is it possible to make a simply upgrade to BI LED in this way:

1. Disconnect plug connector from multi led headlight

2. Replace multi led with BI LED headlight

3. Connect plug connector to BI LED

4. Press start and drive..

So, simple plug'n'play upgrade.

Third type of headlight is BI LED projector with OEM codes 81110-02S80 which is not possible to upgrade whitout changing wiring harness and ECU reprogramming.

Even if i could go backwards in time, i would not order GRsport trim cause it is cca 3000€ more expensive then Style trim. 

Regards

Love mine but mine came with the excel model.

I was the same looking at the specs but wanted a GR model but like the idea of the headlights aswell the leather seats too.

But was Mod edit that you don't get the jbl system & the heads up display.

I have a auto switch on mine so the come on when they need too.

I wonder if you changed the stalk on your car too?

@TonyHSD, i agree that only someone who made this can share experience. Well, BI-LED lights only looks better. Cost of new headlights should be cca 800€ + installation cca 100€.

@Frostyballs, if Toyota service will make change, then nothing should be wrong with warranty. In Croatia, insurer is not a problem, they don't care if you change a headlights.

@Georgey, which auto switch and stalk are you talking about?

More about headligts, multireflector headlight has six pin connector, 2 light sources for low and high beam

wire 1: DRL

wire 2: Position

wire 3: Low Beam

wire 4: High Beam

wire 5: Turn

wire6: Grounding

BI-LED headlight has also six pin connector, 1 light source for high and low beam. High and low beam is controlled with shutter, so one wire should be used for shutter control. So, i think it should be working but i can not be 100% sure without checking electrical drawings.

• Thanks 1

IMG_20211230_121201.thumb.jpg.25c763125cec4320889c90d21e788601.jpg

On 12/23/2021 at 12:11 PM, rkovacec said:
3 hours ago, rkovacec said:

@TonyHSD, i agree that only someone who made this can share experience. Well, BI-LED lights only looks better. Cost of new headlights should be cca 800€ + installation cca 100€.

@Frostyballs, if Toyota service will make change, then nothing should be wrong with warranty. In Croatia, insurer is not a problem, they don't care if you change a headlights.

@Georgey, which auto switch and stalk are you talking about?

More about headligts, multireflector headlight has six pin connector, 2 light sources for low and high beam

wire 1: DRL

wire 2: Position

wire 3: Low Beam

wire 4: High Beam

wire 5: Turn

wire6: Grounding

BI-LED headlight has also six pin connector, 1 light source for high and low beam. High and low beam is controlled with shutter, so one wire should be used for shutter control. So, i think it should be working but i can not be 100% sure without checking electrical drawings.

8 hours ago, rkovacec said:

if Toyota service will make change, then nothing should be wrong with warranty

You will need to check with them first as it isn't a standard fitment for your car - as I said you may find that the new parts only come with the 1 year parts warranty.

• 3 weeks later...

@rkovacec, if you decide to go through with it, post the results here.

I am also interested in this, due to hopefully better performance of the projector headlights. I saw, that used ones are not that expensive on the internet, but most of them (all?) are from crashed cars, and some have broken screw tabs. Those would be impossible to mount, at leas without some bodging.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2022 at 11:19 AM, clix said:

@rkovacec, if you decide to go through with it, post the results here.

I am also interested in this, due to hopefully better performance of the projector headlights. I saw, that used ones are not that expensive on the internet, but most of them (all?) are from crashed cars, and some have broken screw tabs. Those would be impossible to mount, at leas without some bodging.

@clix i will post results here, but at this moment i really don't have time for headlights. Anyway, i am waiting connectors to make a test if it can work. I will make an extension cable which will be connected to my car and other side of cable will be connected to Corolla with Bi led headlights.

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links