Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trips missing from My Toyota app?

ACameron

I've just noticed that the last few trips taken in my corolla TS have not been recorded in the MyT app, but the vehicle is shown at the correct location?

My vehicle is location is now showing parked 20miles from the end of it's last trip?

This happens quite often Alan. Either Toyota or the app will catch up eventually.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

I would say 50% of my journeys are not logged on the app

On 12/24/2021 at 12:59 PM, ACameron said:

I've just noticed that the last few trips taken in my corolla TS have not been recorded in the MyT app, but the vehicle is shown at the correct location?

My vehicle is location is now showing parked 20miles from the end of it's last trip?

I  am constantly miss trips and car at the wrong location 22 model Corolla 

Only occasionally here and not enough to worry me. 

Incidentally, I have asked that the Hybrid Coaching stats include a multi year comparison.  This would be more useful than a month by month one; it would show any deterioration or improvement year on year. 

20 hours ago, Steve B12 said:

I would say 50% of my journeys are not logged on the app

When I first bought the car I used to check each journey as it was a novelty, now I don't bother even looking.

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2022 at 8:50 PM, 50p said:

When I first bought the car I used to check each journey as it was a novelty, now I don't bother even looking.

Same, just check the daily averages now, mainly consumption. 

however I’ve just don’t a 900km trip today and missing half the trips for today. The coverage was really bad or absent in most areas so hope the trips will get synchronized eventually. 

Rzr, discussed elsewhere, the system can handle only 2,000 data points thereafter it stops.  This is roughly 3 hours and about 200 miles.  If you had stopped for a coffee break it would upload when you switched off. 

This does not of course apply when short trips are not logged.  Last Sunday, no trips.  Today I can't log in. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 4:14 PM, Roy124 said:

Rzr, discussed elsewhere, the system can handle only 2,000 data points thereafter it stops.  This is roughly 3 hours and about 200 miles.  If you had stopped for a coffee break it would upload when you switched off. 

This does not of course apply when short trips are not logged.  Last Sunday, no trips.  Today I can't log in. 

This is a huge issue...

Toyota are a bit lame in coming back when i contact them on this...

My T used to work well, recently it misses trips, now it hasn’t even recorded where the car is, so find my car is completely wrong. 

12 hours ago, simond64 said:

My T used to work well, recently it misses trips, now it hasn’t even recorded where the car is, so find my car is completely wrong. 

There was a message on my app this morning saying they are experiencing some issues and are trying to solve the problem. Though, i must admit that past few days it has been a lot better.

14 hours ago, dee123456 said:

There was a message on my app this morning saying they are experiencing some issues and are trying to solve the problem. Though, i must admit that past few days it has been a lot better.

that's probably what the problem is .. it's working correctly! 🤣

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Actually... 2 months on and mine still has issues with logging/tracking journeys.

Still have a job card in my local dealership but they are not moving forward to get it fixed - if they actually can.

Mine is completely erratic. Sometimes it works perfectly but more often it doesn't. I am beginning to wonder if touching the multimedia settings before you switch off the car somehow fouls up journey recording. They seem to record ok when I just switch off the car, get out and lock it without touching anything else. Recently I have been trying and failing to load a software update for a couple of weeks and it seems to be whenever I try this that the journey recording fails. 

Why does it matter if the trips are recorded, I know where I have been, where I am and how long the journey was without a MyT to tell me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ian.S said:

Why does it matter if the trips are recorded, I know where I have been, where I am and how long the journey was without a MyT to tell me. 

Inaccurate recording turns a useful tool into a hobby App.   If the App works properly you can distinguish business from private trips and print out separate logs to support travel claims and tax data. 

Fair enough. A problem I never had as I only used company or hire cars for work and not my own. I felt that it was not my responsibility to subsidise company travel. 

16 hours ago, Ian.S said:

Because it helps if you get a ticket for parking longer than you do - you can use the App for proof of travel as most, if not some, parking areas and companies are ruthless in trying it on for fines.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links