Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice on if I can fit a entertainment system yaris 2004

J4son

Merry Christmas folks & happy new year,I've recently acquired a Yaris T sprit vvi 2004.I absolutely love it,it's perfect apart from the radio,it needs updating but I don't know where to start or look.Any tips I really need bluetooth as well,I don't want one of those FM transmitter plugin adapters,I had one of those before I had no luck with it.

If bluetooth is all you need a decent single din headunit will do the job.
Then all you need is a Toyota Yaris to ISO adapter and you can fit the unit where currently the storage cubby sits, or spend a bit more and get a nicer looking facia frame.
Does your model have steeringwheel radio control buttons? if so you will need a special adapter to make that work.

What is your budget ? do you have steering wheel controls ?

do you want DAB, Android Auto or Apple carplay ?

On 12/26/2021 at 11:25 AM, lani100 said:

If bluetooth is all you need a decent single din headunit will do the job.
Then all you need is a Toyota Yaris to ISO adapter and you can fit the unit where currently the storage cubby sits, or spend a bit more and get a nicer looking facia frame.
Does your model have steeringwheel radio control buttons? if so you will need a special adapter to make that work.

Hi there sorry for the slow reply guys,hope you had a great Christmas,I don't have controls on my steering wheel,well I do but only for volume up & down for the radio.

On 12/26/2021 at 11:27 AM, flash22 said:

What is your budget ? do you have steering wheel controls ?

do you want DAB, Android Auto or Apple carplay ?

Hi there Android auto would do.

Just now, J4son said:

Hi there Android auto would do.

I don't want to spend too much really,say £150 to £350.dont need fancy Speakers or anything to loud.

On 12/26/2021 at 2:29 PM, venomx said:

What was the problem with the FM transmitter ? I have a £10 one off Amazon and it works perfectly well.

The last FM transmitter I had was in my old fiat,it was not great,there was a lot of interference when I press the accelerator,a annoying whizzing whining sound.

56 minutes ago, J4son said:

The last FM transmitter I had was in my old fiat,it was not great,there was a lot of interference when I press the accelerator,a annoying whizzing whining sound.

Strange. Mine is crystal clear, worth a shot in my opinion as these days they're pretty good.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, venomx said:

Strange. Mine is crystal clear, worth a shot in my opinion as these days they're pretty good.

Hi venonix,

Maybe mine was faulty then,I might as well give it a try,do you have a link I could use or name of the model of your FM transmitter,thanks in advance😁👌

On 1/2/2022 at 10:43 PM, J4son said:

Hi venonix,

Maybe mine was faulty then,I might as well give it a try,do you have a link I could use or name of the model of your FM transmitter,thanks in advance😁👌

Any on Amazon will do the job.

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2022 at 5:49 AM, venomx said:

Any on Amazon will do the job.

I took you advice the Amazon FM transmitter came last week,it's perfect,thank you so much.They have come on from years ago!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1