Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chance of a head unit upgrade which supports wireless AA and CP?

baxuz

Found out that Toyota is offering a head unit upgrade for older models to the 2020/21 model that supports Android Auto and Apple Car Play, for a pretty low price of £120.

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/toyota-apple-carplay-and-android-auto-upgrade/

I was thinking of buying a wireless dongle like AAwireless, Ottocast or Carsifi, but they are all currently kickstarter campaigned, cost ~100$ and ship from the US, meaning I'd have to add VAT to that, + shipping.

Do you think there's a chance that Toyota will be offering a multimedia system upgrade to the one that supports wireless connections, like the one in the RAV4?

Aw 😞 Guess I'll wait until the market stabilizes and get one of the dongles then.

Only the Yaris cross gets wireless AA/AC, the £120 upgrade is not for the yaris either (it's just a software update)

if you want wireless AA/AC only option is the aftermarket yes units are available other than Kickscammers

A few on the Aygo forum have these adapters Cplay2air they also do an android version

I use a AA Wireless in my current ( non Toyota ) car, its a brilliant bit of kit.

Plug it in, configure its set up with the smart phone companion app then job done. 

Then every time the ignition is switched on the infotainment unit boots up within a few seconds to the Android Auto selection screen, press the icon seamless connectivity. 

• Like 1

I think I'm gonna wait for a dual protocol dongle since I might switch to an iPhone at some point.