Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hiace 280 2007 cabin filter location

Finster

Hi All,

After years and years of trouble free motoring in my HiLux, I've taken the plunge and bought a very clean 2007 Hiace 280 Van.

I'm chuffed to bits with it, but I want to change the cabin / pollen filter as the heater system smells really musty. Problem is I can't find the damned

thing. Had half the dashboard out but can't see any obvious place where it fits. The van came without a handbook and I can't find anything on the web that 

helps. Similarly I'm looking for a workshop manual, which seem to be like rocking horse doo doo.

Any help gratefully accepted !

Cheers

• 7 months later...

Hi Finster

I have the same van and thought the same thing, musty as flip.  I have the hand book and could find no reference to a cabin filter in it.

In the end I wet-vacked 15 years of coffee coloured water out of the seats and scrubbed the whole interior with soap water and a drill brush.

Smelt a lot better but still that musty hang on smell.

Watching Sweet Project Cars on Youtube and Chris Fix on Youtube and a few other channels I bought a £2.50 tin of Dettol's spray disinfectant ( the surface stuff they have been pushing like crazy  during Covid).  I emptied about a quarter tin down all the vents in side....let it rest a bout 5 mins, turned on the air blower fully on recirculation so it got everywhere.  Then took it off recirculation put air blower on full blast and sprayed some more in the intake grill at the base of the windscreen on the exterior of the van.

This has virtually cured it, smells fresh as a daisy but it is still a 15 year old work vehicle so will never have that "new car" smell.

Told my mechanic mate this and he said if a car is musty he sprays shaving cream into the dash vents and lets it sit over night, it just evaporates off eventually....but I think the Dettol spray is pretty !Removed! effective.

Hope that helps.

If It's got one, it's behind the glovebox just above the fan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links