Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil consumption

jimtaxi

Has anyone with the 2WW engine in their 2 litre Avensis noticed that the oil consumption is on the high side. My car has been main dealer serviced from new but after the last service at 40,000  I noticed that at 43000 I had to top with 1 litre of oil. It did not require any top up ups till now,any info would be great.

Unfortunately yes, it seems common for the BMW engines to be 'oil burners':

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 6:42 PM, jimtaxi said:

Has anyone with the 2WW engine in their 2 litre Avensis noticed that the oil consumption is on the high side. My car has been main dealer serviced from new but after the last service at 40,000  I noticed that at 43000 I had to top with 1 litre of oil. It did not require any top up ups till now,any info would be great.

yep i see loads of problems on here with those new bmw engines .would it be a option 2 get one of the avensis with the 2.0 1ADFTV engines cars hope low miles and great condition. i was lucked to pick one up last  year a 2014  business edt one with 38k genuine toyota serviced car 

• 3 months later...

My motor now has 70000 miles, 

I run an engine oil flush and oil change service every four to five thousand miles which helps to keep the engine oil burn at bay, the problem seems to be carbon build up in the engine and so the oil becomes contaminated.

At the moment my thoughts are the EGR and DPF system cause the engine to soot up and in turn contaminate the engine oil with carbon, sticking piston rings and turbo failures etc seem to be common which result in oil burn, when a failed engine is stripped and inspected heavy carbon deposits seem to be a major factor.

I'm dropping the service interval from 15000 back to 5000 miles and hopefully I will get some return with out the engine packing in.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jake 55 said:

My motor now has 70000 miles, 

I run an engine oil flush and oil change service every four to five thousand miles which helps to keep the engine oil burn at bay, the problem seems to be carbon build up in the engine and so the oil becomes contaminated.

At the moment my thoughts are the EGR and DPF system cause the engine to soot up and in turn contaminate the engine oil with carbon, sticking piston rings and turbo failures etc seem to be common which result in oil burn, when a failed engine is stripped and inspected heavy carbon deposits seem to be a major factor.

I'm dropping the service interval from 15000 back to 5000 miles and hopefully I will get some return with out the engine packing in.

would you not sell iy bud for a year less they have the last 2.0 d4d 1adftv engines but unfortunately got the dreaded dpf :/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links