Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Door Protector

Tim S

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for reading my post. 

I posted a few months ago, having bought a 2018 Auris Design. Having owned the car for 6 months, I am absolutely delighted with it.  The automatic gearbox makes driving enjoyable and the car feels really solid. Finding the car really practical for what I need. 

My other half scraped the side of the car unfortunately. At first glance I thought she had scraped the paintwork, but looks like she scraped an adhesive protection strip which is fortunate (sorry I'm not sure what the correct name is for the protector) . It is located along the edge of the rear door, photo attached. It runs at the side of the rear door from just above the wheel to part of the door sill. Just wondered if anyone had bought replacement strips before I try to find a replacement or similar replacement or similar advice with buying protectors?

Any thoughts would be really appreciated. 

Many thanks 

Tim

IMG_20211227_143707.jpg

Would be part of the stone chip protector for the rear door/sill.

Its PPF - paint protection film, it's the same as vinyl heat it up with a hair drier (carefully) and it will peel off, clean up the adhesive with IPA or sticky stuff remover

you can get it by the meter or 50-100mm wide tape on a roll

17 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Would be part of the stone chip protector for the rear door/sill.

Thanks, that is useful knowing the actual name of the kit. Thank you. 

17 hours ago, flash22 said:

Its PPF - paint protection film, it's the same as vinyl heat it up with a hair drier (carefully) and it will peel off, clean up the adhesive with IPA or sticky stuff remover

you can get it by the meter or 50-100mm wide tape on a roll

Brilliant, that should sort it. Sounds like something I can do, so along as I do it carefully. Thanks for explaining how to do it. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links