Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Was Santa good to you..................

Lawnmowerman

As RAV4 owners are by nature very discerning (of course) what car would you have liked Santa leave you in years gone by? Practical, achievable - not exotica. As someone with a Motor Industry past I have had the opportunity to enjoy many disparate cars throughout my career but some I would have liked personally escaped the net.

Here goes...

Audi A2, very sophisticated small car which didn't last long due to losing out to the inferior Mercedes A-class. A bit like the superior Beta losing out to VHS - oh well.

5BFE95B7-8C06-478E-8F64-A1220FF13BF6.thumb.jpeg.fc1de4f57de0cb1cad6188afd555cba4.jpeg

7927F165-668D-404F-845F-1F0405C25136.thumb.jpeg.d068d079e1960ddd1285522c7a4c8a31.jpeg

And, a pillar-less Jaguar XJ Coupe. Had one within my grasp but didn't have anywhere suitable to restore it............b@gger.

Still, better to have loved and lost than never to have.......you know the rest.

So, what slipped through your fingers??????????

ECC14AD9-1B1B-453C-A752-D92E495D5A8D.thumb.jpeg.85f0d7514c82ee79a3d2f89c7692b9ce.jpeg

E7B2C705-54B5-4ED5-A891-F386CCCE9B40.thumb.jpeg.8e1997598821caf5e0532b1f9a6be8d4.jpeg

46D77D7A-727A-490F-9943-887AA31517A5.jpeg

• Like 1

One of my favourites, that I coulda, maybe shoulda, owned was the MR2, the first generation.

3 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

One of my favourites, that I coulda, maybe shoulda, owned was the MR2, the first generation.

An absolute classic - in hindsight would have preferred that to my MX5...............

I had an A2 for 10 years and almost 150,000 miles. It was a Tdi Sport with options and much modified in my hands. Simply one of the best cars I have owned. In my top 5 alongside 944T, MG ZTT Cdti, Astra 888cdti and Saab 900 cabrio. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

I had an A2 for 10 years and almost 150,000 miles. It was a Tdi Sport with options and much modified in my hands. Simply one of the best cars I have owned. In my top 5 alongside 944T, MG ZTT Cdti, Astra 888cdti and Saab 900 cabrio. 

What slipped through your fingers though Adrian?????

I always fancied a Triumph GT6, a poor man's E-type. I'd struggle to get in and out of it now though.... 

1973.triumph.gt6.red.arp (1).jpg

Always wanted an American or Italian car, Buick Riviera, Chrysler 300 or Alfa 164. My ex sold Chrysler and once got her hands on a management 300 Hemi, that was a beast. I should have bought it, cheap as chips, dealers could hardly give them away. 

I had a ‘72 Cadillac with 454 cu inch V8, it did something like 5 mpg to the US gallon, it was super comfortable and it could seat 6 with comfort, I think I paid $800 for it in 1980, and IRCC I received $550 as trade in for a new Mazda in 1981 (it was a small car comparable to the golf of that year).

SAAB Sonnet. Drooled over it.  Only knew of it as it was LHD and a car my insurer would not insure.  You should see the prices today. 

Then a Lotus Elite, Elan, or Europa.  TVR too. 

For looks and practicality, Triumph 2000.

14 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

SAAB Sonnet. Drooled over it.  Only knew of it as it was LHD and a car my insurer would not insure.  You should see the prices today. 

Then a Lotus Elite, Elan, or Europa.  TVR too. 

For looks and practicality, Triumph 2000.

My first in-laws had the Triumph 2000 and I even had a drive. Roomy, spacious and smooth but not quick. Overall a very nice car.

I had a mk 1 triumph 2000 many years ago , followed by a mk 2 2.5 pi ,in those days these were cheap banger end of the market so affordable.

Lovely straight six engines though.

What I really wanted though as a young man was the triumph stag , but out of my range at that time, and before they became notorious for overheating due to poor maintenance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links