Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis T27 heated leather seats install

Irish-avensis

Hi all

im new to this and have a question 

I currently have a 2012 Avensis and I fitted a leather interior which I picked up from a breakers, I have the heated seat switches. I fitted the seats and the electric seats work perfect but have no idea how to wire up the heated part

Thanks 

Stephen 

• Like 1

Hello Stevo - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Avensis club.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Irish-avensis said:

Hi all

im new to this and have a question 

I currently have a 2012 Avensis and I fitted a leather interior which I picked up from a breakers, I have the heated seat switches. I fitted the seats and the electric seats work perfect but have no idea how to wire up the heated part

Thanks 

Stephen 

i seen a few of these on eBay but im not sure if il bother putting them in as not sure how good they are i bought a 2014 business edt but unfornatully didnt come with heated seats as came with everything else leather seats sat nave loaded enough .but no heated seats . not sure if these eBay heated seat pads are a good job or not they go under the leather on the seats

12V 2 Seats 6 Level Switch Carbon Fiber Car Seat Heater Heated Cushion Pad Kits

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173649101351

On 12/28/2021 at 1:29 AM, 2009joe said:

i seen a few of these on ebay but im not sure if il bother putting them in as not sure how good they are i bought a 2014 business edt but unfornatully didnt come with heated seats as came with everything else leather seats sat nave loaded enough .but no heated seats . not sure if these ebay heated seat pads are a good job or not they go under the leather on the seats

12V 2 Seats 6 Level Switch Carbon Fiber Car Seat Heater Heated Cushion Pad Kits

if you do fit them id be interested what the quality is like of them. if you go ahead please let us know!

5 hours ago, rob42 said:

if you do fit them id be interested what the quality is like of them. if you go ahead please let us know!

Yep I'm not sure wiring them in would be easy enough job it's just getting them in would be the problem then as you say they need to be good quality as all the work putting them in .I'm not sure if bother putting them in 

I think there is a bit of confusion. The OP Iris-avensis, if I read it correctly has the leather seats with the extras, including the heated seat elements, plus the switches to work the heated seats. What he is asking, is how to wire the heated seat potion and switches.

I am no expert, but the first thing I would do is go back to the breakers and get some of the wiring loom with the proper connectors. If the complete loom cannot be removed from the donor car, at least cut of the parts you can access. Also using the owners manual, find the fuse location and see what you can grab there. The wiring will probably be of a thick grade, to handle the high current needed to power the heat elements, plus you check the cable colour to match. It's best to  match the original wiring, and do it properly for many reasons, one being safety. The last thing you want is an electrical fire. If you can't do it, get an auto electrician to do it. Better safe than sorry! Oh yes, you may need to inform insurance of the upgrade! 
Some manufacturers sometimes have most of the fittings of higher trim level cars for optional extras or upgrades - plug and play. But some features are decided at factory and harder to retrofit.

As I said, I am no expert, but hope this gives you some direction.       

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Konrad C said:

I think there is a bit of confusion. The OP Iris-avensis, if I read it correctly has the leather seats with the extras, including the heated seat elements, plus the switches to work the heated seats. What he is asking, is how to wire the heated seat potion and switches.

I am no expert, but the first thing I would do is go back to the breakers and get some of the wiring loom with the proper connectors. If the complete loom cannot be removed from the donor car, at least cut of the parts you can access. Also using the owners manual, find the fuse location and see what you can grab there. The wiring will probably be of a thick grade, to handle the high current needed to power the heat elements, plus you check the cable colour to match. It's best to  match the original wiring, and do it properly for many reasons, one being safety. The last thing you want is an electrical fire. If you can't do it, get an auto electrician to do it. Better safe than sorry! Oh yes, you may need to inform insurance of the upgrade! 
Some manufacturers sometimes have most of the fittings of higher trim level cars for optional extras or upgrades - plug and play. But some features are decided at factory and harder to retrofit.

As I said, I am no expert, but hope this gives you some direction.       

thanks boss was thinking maybe those eBay ones that i have listed might not be that hard plus im guessing the toyotas have plugs there that should im guesssing maybe plug and play as i came across a few plugs under my dash that are not connected up .as u say would be great if could find the 2014 toyota avensis wiring diagram for heated seats so u know are connecting into the right connections. 

heated seats pinout.png

Hi.

Hopefully you won't but if you do have any issues with insurance at all then please feel free to give us a try.

Regards,

Dan