Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav mk 5 Full tyre as spare help

Baser

Can anyone help, have been offered a full size wheel and tyre from a rav mk5 on a 19 plate size 225/60r18 wheel size 18x7J.

My Rav is a21 plate on 225/55r19 wheel size 19x71/2J

Can I used this as my spare wheel I don’t like the using repair kits bad experience in the past.

Any help would be appreciated i don’t understand the 7J bits

7J is rim width in inches, ie 7”. 71/2 is 7.5”. 8J is 8” and so on. 

30 minutes ago, Baser said:

Can anyone help, have been offered a full size wheel and tyre from a rav mk5 on a 19 plate size 225/60r18 wheel size 18x7J.

My Rav is a21 plate on 225/55r19 wheel size 19x71/2J

Can I used this as my spare wheel I don’t like the using repair kits bad experience in the past.

Any help would be appreciated i don’t understand the 7J bits

I doubt that what you have said is entirely accurate ... your RAV should be on 225/55r19s on a 19x7J wheel - the 7J bit means that the wheel is 7" wide and suited to a 225mm wide tyre.

And, if that is correct, then a 225/60r18 (on a 18x7J rim) is perfectly OK as a temporary spare tyre (and probably better than a space saver spare)

The HEV runs on 225 rubber on 7" rims; the PHEV runs on 235 rubber on 7.5" rims ...

Thanks Phillip

i was quoting the manual under tyre sizes and wheel sizing which states 225/55r19 is on 7.5J .hence my question 

not sure what to do.is the manual wrong ?

Bas

6 minutes ago, Baser said:

Thanks Phillip

i was quoting the manual under tyre sizes and wheel sizing which states 225/55r19 is on 7.5J .hence my question 

not sure what to do.is the manual wrong ?

Bas

I'm not going to argue with the manual - mine comes from a year when our 'choice' was between 17" and 18" wheels, both with 225 rubber on 7" rims. I 'understood' that the same was true for the newer 19" wheels but perhaps I am wrong ...

Either way, the 17", 18" and 19" wheels fitted to 4.5 HEVs have approximately the same rolling radius and could be used interchangeably as temporary spares. The compact spare, where supplied, would be a T165/80D17 and that would be equally appropriate.

hi thanks

yes i was under the same when i ordered it .but haho nothing is straight forward at the moment.

i just cannot get on with repair kits so a spare is a must

the wheel being offered is £75 so if you think that it would work as a temporary spare  or should i buy a skinny wheel.?

Bas

Hi

I personally reckon it would be ok. I have the 19 inch wheels on mine and a 18 inch spare that I have fitted front and back to make sure it's ok.Sorted mine out a while back now so can't remember the size details at the moment. If you want me to check mine then just let me know.

For £75.00 ( with tyre ?????? ) that is a bargain and you will get your money back all day long

regards Terry.

Hi Terry thanks for the info

if you could check that would be great.

Wheel and. Tyre is the deal so yes i can't turn it down.

Just need to make sure it won't cause any damage or problems

Bas

10 hours ago, Baser said:

or should i buy a skinny wheel.?

The one benefit of the space saver spare is that it will fit tidily under the boot floor and be more convenient to carry around ...

21 hours ago, Baser said:

hi thanks

yes i was under the same when i ordered it .but haho nothing is straight forward at the moment.

i just cannot get on with repair kits so a spare is a must

the wheel being offered is £75 so if you think that it would work as a temporary spare  or should i buy a skinny wheel.?

Bas

The new 2022 Excel is fitted with 235/55R19 according to the configurator on the Toyota web site.

If you want to see the different overall size between the tyers you can see it at this site. https://tiresize.com/calculator/ 

Just use the Tyre Comparison tab.

Also the 2022 Rav4 comes with a temporary spare wheel.

Hi Baser. My Rav is registered December 2020 and I was surprised and pleased when it arrived with the 19 inch wheels.

They are 225/55/19.

The spare kit that I put together myself is Rim from Oponeo ( online ) and tyre 225/55/18 . 
If you look at the online comparison charts you will find that the 18 to 19 difference is well within the acceptable limits.
I then purchased the centre screw unit to hold it down from Toyota online plus jack and brace on eBay.

made up the storage unit out of 2 layers of 100 mm kingsman insulation.

As said I have fitted the wheel front and back and no problem at all. Be warned that the wheel is quite heavy to change so I would personally call the AA/ RAC out and let them do it.

Reason I didn't get a spare was I ordered the pan roof. 

hope this helps

Terry

Thanks Terry and everybody for the feedback.

I think I will go for the full size offer and grab a jack and locking bolt from the web.

I take your point Terry re the weight and size .begs the question about toyota Roadside rescue service

Hi

you have yourself a bargain at that price. I am aware of people paying over £500 just for the wheel on this site .

Mine set me back £200 in the end for the complete kit and I thought that I did ok😀 

Terry

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links