Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blind Spot Monitor

Georgey Porgey

I was having a look around & see that the european, usa & the suzuki swace (UK model) has blind spot monitoring but why not on the corolla?

So if the corolla is built in europe would the loom be there?

Could you get the parts & add it to your car?

This complaint has been brought up by many people with Toyota UK since the current Corolla models was launched & still no sign of factory fit BSM or RCTA on UK spec Corolla. 

• Like 1

Well someone in the Yaris forum managed to retrofit the full sonic proximity sensor suite to a Mk4 that didn't have it so I'm sure it is possible! Just very expensive, and will be tricky finding out what parts you need. Only try it if you're willing to do the research and DIY as the dealers will probably not be very helpful as it's just not something they usually do.

PartsKing, DevonAygo or flash might be able to help you get started on the part numbers at least!

Unless you desperately want them tho' I suspect it won't be worth it, as the one downside with Toyota is non-service parts tend to be really really expensive!

Possibly  worked out today that you could fit wireless charge pad to the Corolla, but it will cost 600quid ish plus vat! 

• Like 1

Yeah, there are loads of Qi-protocol wireless chargers out there that can power off the 12v socket, both cradles and pads. The manufacturer one is nice as it's integrated, but hard to justify the asking cost to buy separately to fit post-production. I do sometimes wonder about the prices of these things... I'm sure if you bought all the parts of the car separately it'd be far more than the original purchase price of the car!

It's in current production, most parts are Just In Time so go directly to production so the prices are silly, when the facelift model comes out the cost should come down, Tee Hee

Also, the dealers make up the prices as they go

if you google "2020 corolla wireless charging" and click images

there are few oem ones from Europe for around £180 shipped

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Yeah, there are loads of Qi-protocol wireless chargers out there that can power off the 12v socket, both cradles and pads. The manufacturer one is nice as it's integrated, but hard to justify the asking cost to buy separately to fit post-production. I do sometimes wonder about the prices of these things... I'm sure if you bought all the parts of the car separately it'd be far more than the original purchase price of the car!

Thinks that always been the case on anything involving parts assemblies, ever since I was a young lad anyway, and Noah was about as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Catlover said:

Thinks that always been the case on anything involving parts assemblies, ever since I was a young lad anyway, and Noah was about as well.

We get the same with the electric power steering motors for the warehouse forklifts.

The electronic card as a replacement part is approximately £2400 last time I priced one up.

The power steering motor as a complete unit that comes with the electronic card attached is only £1400

Steer motor.jpg

• Like 1

Our oven was said to need a new computer card £700.  Not sure if that included VAT.  Labour extra. 

New oven only £1,500.

• Like 1

I think the Suzuki has heated steering wheel too but that is not available on the Corolla ?

This is what made me choose a swace .it was the combination of smaller wheels with great spec. Bsm and heated steering wheel and induction charger and bi led headlights.

The ride is so much better than my Honda Civic tourer

Also we have had several Swifts so it looks good on the drive.

On 12/29/2021 at 8:31 PM, forkingabout said:

This complaint has been brought up by many people with Toyota UK since the current Corolla models was launched & still no sign of factory fit BSM or RCTA on UK spec Corolla. 

Reading the spec on the new corolla cross it looks like it will have bsm. I have never understood Toyota’s spec they put bsm on the rav 4 excel and heated steering wheel but not on the corolla excel must be because you are paying that much more for the rav

Would be interesting to see if a UK spec Corolla had the wiring loom / looms there for BSM / RCTA or at least the main connector plug for the BSM / RCTA wiring loom to plug in to.

If it is available in any other market, then often the loom connections are there as all the cars are all made in the same place and it costs more to put in different looms than just the same one for every car. The bit that will be missing is if there is any extension to the main loom connector that goes to the actual modules and sensors etc. (The 'last mile' as it were).

Most manufacturers do tend to put more kit in the bigger cars to get more money out of them, and people tend to be willing to pay more for bigger cars. But also I suspect because the visibility in SUVs is usually worse than in normal cars so it becomes a necessity!

It's one funny thing with the Mk4 Yaris is it has a lot of kit that is unusual for a small car (How many other B-segment cars have a proper HUD as an option??), but I must admit I'm glad I got all the sensors as, ironically, it also has terrible SUV-like levels of visibility!

• 2 weeks later...

had bsm on previous car and even though a good bit of kit it tended to false alarm in wet weather with spray so not bothered about it not being in my corolla.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, twintopp said:

had bsm on previous car and even though a good bit of kit it tended to false alarm in wet weather with spray so not bothered about it not being in my corolla.

Wasn't a PSA Peugeot / Citroen product by any chance?