Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Sat Nav has lost GPS Signal

Guy100

Hi all,

I have an issue that I've not seen reported anywhere.  Basically my satnav (2018 Yaris) has suddenly stopped working, it doesn't pick up any GPS signal at all.

The only thing I can think of that may have caused the problem is that I removed the bluetooth connection to my iPhone (I read somewhere that bluetooth and sat nav are somehow technically connected?)

So far I have tried a system update, a maps update (£120!!!!) and I have disconnected the 12v Battery to see if that caused a restart and reconnection.

Nothing has worked.  So it looks like I have to take it to Toyota and that is going to cost me even more £££££.

Has anyone had anything similar?

On a related topic, is there a guide anywhere that shows how to remove the Touch 2 Go module?  I want to try unplugging and replugging all the connections to see if that works..

Thanks

Guy

As it is a 2018 model and you're in the UK, isn't the car still within the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty??

54 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As it is a 2018 model and you're in the UK, isn't the car still within the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty??

Yes it is still within warranty.  I'm trying to found out whether this sort of thing would be covered or not.

18 hours ago, Guy100 said:

Yes it is still within warranty.  I'm trying to found out whether this sort of thing would be covered or not.

It’s a manufacturer fault, so should be covered. Best ring and ask.

I’ve had mine back in for freezing screen and slow load. They changed the unit and now it’s great.

It depends on if they have moved your car over to the new relax warranty if over 3 years old, if so the multimedia isn't covered

you can do a system and GPS check in the hidden service menu, it should tell you if you have any issues

Access to the service menu.

Press and hold the music or car button and turn the sidelights on and off 3 times - some cars with the touch2 you pull the hand brake up and down 3 times

Access to the nav service menu.

Settings (button) - General - Volume

Press middle - top, middle - top, middle - middle, top  *as circled*

641211805_hiddenmenu3(Medium)(Small).thumb.JPG.64711208c16de6db1a6df8cf3961e0ba.JPG

in this menu you can perform a navi reset

18 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It depends on if they have moved your car over to the new relax warranty if over 3 years old, if so the multimedia isn't covered

Hi Bob,  the car would still be on a 5 year warranty as it started life on a 5 year warranty, so he should be ok in that respect.

Relax warranty was for new cars registered. My 18 plate is still covered by old 5-year warranty. 

1 missed or late service invalidates the 5-year warranty, there is nothing on the Toyota UK site regarding the pre-existing 5-year warranties

there are some exclusions in year 4 and 5 iirc

New cars as of June 2021 only get 3 years or 60K miles, after that it's covered by the relax warranty that has exclusions

https://www.toyota.co.uk/download/cms/gben/Toyota Relax TCs - 25.05.21_tcm-3060-2286757.pdf

The 5 year/100,000 miles new car warranty on vehicles ordered before June 2021 remains effective. 

The 3 year/60,000 miles new car warranty is effective on vehicles ordered from 1st June 2021.

Extract from Toyota warranty – how Toyota Relax cover works - Toyota UK Magazine

"Customers with new vehicles will have a three-year/60,000-mile manufacturer’s warranty in place, or, for Toyotas ordered prior to 1 June 2021, a five-year/100,000-mile warranty."

As regards servicing, a late service will affect a claim under the new car warranty if the claim is dependent on correct servicing having been undertaken.   

On 12/31/2021 at 11:37 AM, flash22 said:

you can do a system and GPS check in the hidden service menu, it should tell you if you have any issues

Access to the service menu.

Press and hold the music or car button and turn the sidelights on and off 3 times - some cars with the touch2 you pull the hand brake up and down 3 times

Access to the nav service menu.

Settings (button) - General - Volume

Press middle - top, middle - top, middle - middle, top  *as circled*

641211805_hiddenmenu3(Medium)(Small).thumb.JPG.64711208c16de6db1a6df8cf3961e0ba.JPG

in this menu you can perform a navi reset

Thanks for this information.  I opened these menus and ran all the checks and did all the resets...unfortunately the problem remains.  So strange, must be a major fault.  Off to the garage I go......