Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric Park brake

Washing

Wondering if anyone on here can help. 2011 d4d..I recently wet and dried my boot which resulted in water getting into my epb and damaging it. So after replacing the unit with a secoand hand one the warning is still on in my car..check park brake system. Ive been at a few autosparks and for some reason it won't give them a fault and the new module is working fine. It just the damn message won't go off the dash.. any help appericated. 

2 hours ago, Washing said:

Wondering if anyone on here can help. 2011 d4d..I recently wet and dried my boot which resulted in water getting into my epb and damaging it. So after replacing the unit with a secoand hand one the warning is still on in my car..check park brake system. Ive been at a few autosparks and for some reason it won't give them a fault and the new module is working fine. It just the damn message won't go off the dash.. any help appericated. 

think u need techstream to get rid of it i never had that problem with mine but is the handbreak coming on as it should and going off automatically as it should when stop the car and ready to drive away with putting down the clutch .there is a guy on here called konrad he had to fix his threw techstream to get warning off the dash 

6 hours ago, 2009joe said:

think u need techstream to get rid of it i never had that problem with mine but is the handbreak coming on as it should and going off automatically as it should when stop the car and ready to drive away with putting down the clutch .there is a guy on here called konrad he had to fix his threw techstream to get warning off the dash 

I am not an expert by any means, but from experience, Joe is correct about Techstream and Toyota specific diagnostics. It is about cancelling and deleting any warnings and cautions. Sometimes the fault has been fixed, so it is a matter of telling the system all is well. 
Going to the reason the EPB unit was replaced (water ingress), I assume that any possible sealing has been improved, so the new unit will not be damaged in the same way!

• Like 1

The OP mentioned that the water got into the EPB via the boot. That suggests that the rubber seal over the manual parking brake release hole in the boot is missing or damaged. The seal needs to be removed or broken through to use the manual release tool if the EPB will not release electronically. After describing that process, the manual then goes on to say:

The seal needs to replace by any authorized Toyota dealer or repairer, or another duly qualified and equipped professional. If the trunk/luggage compartment has flooded with water when the seal has been broken or is missing (for example, if the vehicle has been left outside in the rain with the trunk lid open or removed), the parking brake system will need to be replaced.

So the OP may want to check the seal and replace if required, to prevent it happening again.

• Like 2

Hi i got avensis 2016 my car  light appear on dashboard.check parking break system any body can help??

My car has been doing this for years intermittently toyota never found a solution but if you disconnect the Battery for a couple of minutes it goes off,is the warning in orange?

12 minutes ago, pauljj said:

My car has been doing this for years intermittently toyota never found a solution but if you disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes it goes off,is the warning in orange?

when you run it threw a autel scanner dose anything show up mine did that one time but was my stupid fault as i didnt reconnect the maf sensor plug when i took off the air filter 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links