Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi, Potential new member

stokieal

Hi, all, Motability member  questions  about Rav4. What's the auto like to drive, is there smooth take up when accelerating etc, any noticeable  hesitation etc.

Thanks in advance  

49 minutes ago, stokieal said:

Hi, all, Motability member  questions  about Rav4. What's the auto like to drive, is there smooth take up when accelerating etc, any noticeable  hesitation etc.

Thanks in advance  

I dont have a Rav hybrid, but a Prius hybbrid..... same hybbrid engineering design and principle.  Lovely smooth operation at all times.

+1

Not a Rav4 owner, Yaris IV with a 3 cyl DNF engine, the RAVs are, IIRC, 2.5l dynamic Force Engines and so should be even smoother. The Toyota e-cvt that was developed originally in the '90's, is like no other automatic transmission car I have driven, it is the smoothest bar none ! (An Audi 3l TDI with 8 speed ZF comes close)

If you haven't done so already look into the car care nut's how hybrids work videos, as well as the weber auto university tear downs. I found all that fascinating stuff.

Moved to the Rav4 club.

Hi Alan, I have the PHEV but works in a similar way and when in HEV mode (Hybrid) the car is really smooth to drive better than a normal similarly ICE powered car.  The Toyota eCVT system is magic in operation and is nothing like a traditional CVT. if your unable to drive the car without modification could you possible be taken as a passenger and at least experience the car in motion?

It's a very smooth vehicle. Maybe a little more road noise than I'd like, and for me the suspension is a bit firm, but I'm used to larger heavier vehicles than this. Overall it's a very good car.

2 hours ago, stokieal said:

Thanks in advance  

I'd have thought perfect for your needs. There is no hesitation from rest - the electric motors deal with that - and it will accelerate smoothly whenever you want it to ...

It is reasonably quiet and relaxed when driven gently and it is easy to drive that way, and will really shift when you ask it to (and shout about it a bit). It's very stable and confidence inspiring when cornering - doesn't wallow much at all.

Thanks to all that have replied. All said I find all very encouraging opinions

Just got to phone my local dealer up and see what,s about for a test drive.

Looks a friendly forum as well. 😀