Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil spec for t sport corolla confusion

I’ve looked on millers oil website with my reg and it reccomended 5w30 fully synth but the spec is a5/b5 I always got told before it should be a3/b4 or if not c3? Is also ok. 

what’s correct I’m in the U.K. for an idea of climate 

Toyota use API specs for petrol engines - so for yours 5W-30 API SL, SM, SN or SP. 

See:

• Thanks 1

Usually the  oils classed as A3/B4 are more popular at 5w40 viscosity grade and these are more suitable for older type engines like in your case, less oil consumption and better engine protection. The best oil that meats this requirement that I have been using in the past is Shell helix ultra 5w40 A3/B4 , https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-68976-shell-helix-ultra-5w-40-pure-plus-fully-synthetic-engine-oil.aspx, another good one but I haven’t used is Petronas, I can’t say how good it is but I am using their 0w20 for my hybrid for over 150000 miles and the engine still sound as good as new,  recently recommended to my dad for his old Passat and send to him some of this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Engine-Oil-Petronas-Syntium-3000-5W40-10-Litres-FREE-GIFT-/322639119043?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0,  , he said it’s all ok but he doesn’t drive much so can’t comment on oil consumption or anything.  Either of these should be ok for you if A3/B4 is what you need. 👌

I have some Titan XTR oil that’s sl/cf so guess that’s fine

Ohh, the dreaded oil topic 🙂 First of all, by the looks of your profile I'm assuming you are talking about a Corolla T Sport with the 2ZZ engine?

The C3 grade could be used but it's a low SAPS, catalyst 'compatible' oil. I'd stay with A/B grade. Viscosity is more important. Stay with 5w30 it's fine. If you do track days or drive harder, increase the warm viscosity and go with something like 5w40. 

But, more importantly, make sure you change the oil regularly.